Author Topic: Endpoint support Windows 10  (Read 13180 times)

REDACTED

Endpoint support Windows 10
« on: September 24, 2015, 03:24:36 PM »
Hello dear
What is the forecast for the Endpoint line support for Windows 10?
The promise was not for that month ?
I have over a thousand clients with Windows 10 and without protection, all with expiring license and without being protected, what will be the solution?
This is a disregard for all customers.  >:( >:( >:(
Thanks
Hector
BeeSoftware

REDACTED

Re: Endpoint support Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 08:28:11 AM »
I have this same issue

Migrated users to windows 10 and the antivirus is not working >:( >:( >:(

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 08:29:55 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 09:53:01 AM »
this is ridiculous. 3 months after win10 has launched still nothing. the home versions of avast all work fine on win 10. how hard can it be? we have a ton of machines that are all unprotected because of this BS. (new machines come with win10 and no real way to downgrade before you say shouldn't have upgraded yet)

well done avast. definitely time to find another provider that feels stronger about their business clients

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 10:02:08 AM »
well i have the same issue with kaspersky and ESET so good luck to find one anti virus provider with a compatible version of the professional version of their products :s

btw i did use windows 10 with 8.0.1603 endpoint protection suite plus and have no compatibility issue atm
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 11:47:02 AM by manuel.ornato »

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 11:46:43 AM »
WTH?!

Avast should extend all the licences because this is clearly not working. I'm paying for the licence and I'm stuck with a free version!!!

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 09:17:28 AM »
I have the same issue. New PCs come with Win10 and I can't install antivirus I pay for...  >:( >:(
Avast guys, aren't you aware that Win10 is released since August ? Don't you think it should be your n°1 priority ?  ???

For my part, I'm already looking for another antivirus, I won't start again with Avast when my licences expires in February 2016.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 10:03:03 AM »
Hi All,

Any news on the support for Windows 10 within EPSP
I have tried the cloud solution which is nice but Avast will not provide me with a license for it.
We still have about 2,5 years on our (60 client) license. I'd suggest Avast quickly comes with a suitable solution for it.

We would like to go into the cloud. Avast claims they need a credit card number. Why? We bought our license through our reseller in The Netherlands.

Avavst come on guys, this is BS.

Jeroen

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2015, 03:40:08 AM »
I also need a solution for Windows 10

Offline Fernando Eguilaz

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2015, 10:10:11 AM »
Maybe Avast should inform more precisely about:

* The real schedule ("autumm" ends in 21 December... six months after Windows 10 launch. So, must we wait for two more months without protection?)
* What about four months (by the moment) payed but not covered (perhaps Avast must extend licenses)
* What about possible infections (and dammages) due its unsafe SOA / EndPoint version (I can't think on it without increasing panic)

And beyond:

* Why Avast didn't inform actively about NOT to upgrade to Windows 10, in time?
* Why Avast didn't offer a free and fast answer during that time?

Any answer? Just silence?

Offline KDibble

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2015, 07:16:10 PM »
This problem has been elevated to a whole new level. MS has just announced that if you turn on Automatic Updates in Windows 7 or 8, you WILL find the Windows 10 installation process started on those machines. At that point, if you're paying attention, you can turn it off. Most people will just click through the dialogs and accept the installation, like they do with everything else.

I've never allowed automatic updates to be turned on for any Windows computer I've ever owned or administered. I suggest that other people adopt that policy, and quickly.

(Just one of many sources for this: http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/10/30/windows-10-upgrades-now-automatic/)

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2015, 08:54:20 AM »
You will have fun with Win10 then. You cannot turn off automatic updates, the best you can do is say "Let me schedule the restart" which Win10 seems to ignore anyway. Win10 updates will also lock out your internet access (without saying so) leaving you thinking to have a problem with your network, or card drivers until you try a restart and windows then says 'Installing Updates'.

i got fed up with finding my Media PC shutdown that I went into the Task Scheduler found the tasks (yes more than one) for updates and butchered it so it can over restart overnight at 2AM one day per week.
It still thinks restart means shutdown but its once per week now.

Win10 still needs a lot of work, unlike Avast EPS that doesn't work at all.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2015, 03:11:47 PM »
"autumm" ends in 21 December
Eh... Autum is September, October and November. ;)

REDACTED

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2015, 08:20:16 AM »
"autumm" ends in 21 December
Eh... Autum is September, October and November. ;)

Can you see any updates coming ?
NO! not even the slightest sniff of anything.

Communication is key in dealing with any problem, Avast is making things worse by the complete lack of response.
Maybe unhappy users should start emailing Vincent Steckler, Ondřej Vlček , Glenn Taylor and the latest spin doctor recruit Robin Selden. As they seem to be totally unaware of the issues they are in charge of.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2015, 08:54:10 AM »
Yes, I do see a update coming.
It was mentioned by someone from avast in a other thread.