Author Topic: CANT INSTALL ANY VERSIONS OF AVAST PRODUCTS . PLEASE HELP :(  (Read 11116 times)

REDACTED

CANT INSTALL ANY VERSIONS OF AVAST PRODUCTS . PLEASE HELP :(
« on: September 25, 2015, 12:27:03 AM »
My laptop is Dell 7348 i7 5500u 500gb Signature Version so their is no bloatware with it and enough specs to run the latest Avast
After a cancellation while installing avast Internet Security on Windows 10 RTM Pro build 10240, now I can't reinstall any of Avast products

- Reinstalled a clean Windows 10 Pro (old ISO). 10240, downloaded a new W10P ISO and reinstalled 5 more times.
- Open the files with admin privilege/ placed them on desktop screen/ logged in with admin account/ tested for hd bad sectors, blah...
- I tried with Avast Free/Pro/ Internet Sec/ Premier (offline installers)
- Scanned system with Anti-spyware apps.....
- Removed everything except Windows
- Removed old installations with Avast clear tool even when I didn't install anything on it after clean Windows installation
- Reinstalled and deleted the recovery partition, all partitions /  re-create all partitions ..... ........... Tired  :(
and the problem persists :
      :( The installer is unable to initialize early Avast self-defense with error 0x00000241! Aborting ! :(

-----------------
Then I try to install Avast with online installers (Free/Pro/IS/Pre).
the installations went fine, then
                       :( Welcome to Avast : Red screen saying background service: kinda not running,  :(
Clicked on the button next to it to start but still no luck.

I'm not the fan of other antivirus apps, don't suggest me one another
Please tell me what the heck is going on with it, do i need to return the computer or change its hard drive  or what should i do ?
my work requires surfing the internet hours a day, it's quite easy to be infected by viruses.
Thank you !
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 07:45:38 PM by Joe.Hello ! »

Offline Be Secure

• Long Time Avast User(10years.....) Security Enthusiast.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: CANT INSTALL ANY VERSIONS OF AVAST PRODUCTS . PLEASE HELP :(
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 03:31:36 AM »
Try repair option of avast! and restart the system for few times :)
PC- Windows10 EDU 64Bit,avast! free 21.1.2449,uBlock Origin,NVT_OSA,GoogleChrome(64bit),CCleaner,Unchecky,ZAM Free,Shadow Defender.
Security Enthusiast

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 06:25:50 AM »
Thank you so much for replying but now I can't even open up Avast installer, Online installers now can not be run, I clicked on them and they just stay where they are, no sign of loading the files to ram or initialize its job,
Please, is there anything else I can do with it ?

Offline Be Secure

• Long Time Avast User(10years.....) Security Enthusiast.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 06:39:28 AM »
Hi! Joe.Did repair worked? if not try those:1. Download Avast from http://files.avast.com/iavs9x/avast_internet_security_setup.exe
2. Follow instructions: https://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility (Run this tool for all prior installed Avast versions..!!)
3. Reinstall Avast with the downloaded installer from point 1.
4. Reboot.
PC- Windows10 EDU 64Bit,avast! free 21.1.2449,uBlock Origin,NVT_OSA,GoogleChrome(64bit),CCleaner,Unchecky,ZAM Free,Shadow Defender.
Security Enthusiast

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 07:41:08 PM »
@Be Secure : Ain't no luck for me  :(

Offline dbrisendine

• Malware Fighter
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 08:43:42 PM »
@Joe.Hello !
Please run the scans in this topic so I can get a better look at your system.  FRST (2 logs from this scanner) and Malwarebytes Antimalware would be good (if you can). 

Directions are detailed here: Logs to assist in cleaning malware
Win7 x32 Ult. SP1, Brain 2.0 / Win10 x64, Brain2.5
My help is always free but if you would like to help encourage me or show your thanks -----> DONATE

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 10:46:48 PM »
I did all those stuffs, and I still can't even figure it out : WHY is this HAPPENING TO ME ? I DID EVERYTHING EVEN DELETED ALL MY HARD DRIVE INCLUDING RECOVERY PARTITION, create new ones and reinstalled but there no way to install avast on my laptop.
what am i supposed to do now? replace the hard drive  :( now my lappy got tons of viruses

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 10:49:38 PM »
I did all those stuffs,
What stuff? 

Follow instructions given by dbrisendine   and attach the requested logs

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 10:56:12 PM »
OMG, i did all guides those kind guys gave me,
i reinstalled windows, i cant get the log files back.
but plz see this pic, the loading icon keeps spinning and nothing happens but the silly red warning/alert

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 11:39:52 PM »
OMG, i did all guides those kind guys gave me,
i reinstalled windows, i cant get the log files back.
The point is to attach the logs those programs produce, then a fix can be created to avoid a reinstall

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2015, 07:29:14 AM »
Like wise facing similar issue here.

I've even contacting HQ on this but there were no solid solutions.

For my case it only happened on ASUS and Acer notebooks with Windows 10 SL installed.

It will never be able to install avast regardless of how many pre-bundled software removed.

It will immediately prompt an error message "0x00000241" and will never be able to complete the installation.

The only way to get the installer runner is booting in safe mode while installing the program but that's not the solution.

Once installed, reboot the pc and the windows will immediately crash.

I tried to attach several attachments here but failed so until anyone request for it i will personally send them over.

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2015, 11:09:46 AM »
Like wise facing similar issue here.

I've even contacting HQ on this but there were no solid solutions.

For my case it only happened on ASUS and Acer notebooks with Windows 10 SL installed.

It will never be able to install avast regardless of how many pre-bundled software removed.

It will immediately prompt an error message "0x00000241" and will never be able to complete the installation.

The only way to get the installer runner is booting in safe mode while installing the program but that's not the solution.

Once installed, reboot the pc and the windows will immediately crash.

I tried to attach several attachments here but failed so until anyone request for it i will personally send them over.
If you have a problem, please start your own topic. Thanks :)
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet