Author Topic: Frustrated!  (Read 4397 times)

REDACTED

Frustrated!
« on: September 25, 2015, 01:37:57 PM »
So here's my experience thus far with Avast Mobile for IOS:

I have been a subscriber for 1 year.  I have my account set to Auto Renew.  I get a notice letting me know that my license will auto renew in 15 days.  I am okay with this.  No other contact.

My subscription expires.  The only option I have in the app is to renew or put in my subscription number.  I try my old subscription number.  No luck.  I contact support.  2 days later, no contact back.  I contact support again - through the customer portal.  I am sent a License number to put into the Subscription number space.  I put this number in.  Nothing happens.  App says I am still not subscribed.  I uninstall app and reinstall and enter number.  No luck.

I call support (the number that's listed in the same email as my license number for my Mobile IOS) and sit on hold for 6 minutes despite the announcement telling me I have only a 1 minute wait time.  The guy picks up the phone and tells me he cannot help me - he only works on laptops.  I have to submit here to the forum.

I am now 5 days without protection on my phone.  I also have a laptop that's due to expire in 3 months.

I am 1 day away from rejecting my credit card charge and letting my laptop service expire.

Nothing like a "runaround" to make you feel like your business isn't worth anything.

Offline jobert

• Avast team
Re: Frustrated!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 01:51:16 PM »
Hello,

If you have bought the auto-renewable subscription, you can restore it by following the steps below:

1. Go to your iPhone/iPad Settings
2. Go to App "App an iTunes Stores"
3. Login with the same Apple ID you used to buy your subscription (this is crucial to make it work)
4. Open SecureLine
5. Go to the Settings > Subscription
6. Tap "Restore Subscription" on the top and wait until your purchase is found and validated

If don't get your subscription code after that, please send the receipt of your purchase to our support. It's the email with the receipt you receive from iTunes after you buy the subscription. You should get your subscription code after that.

Regards,

Jobert