Author Topic: Free Avast Not Completing Scan  (Read 4073 times)

REDACTED

Free Avast Not Completing Scan
« on: September 27, 2015, 11:54:07 PM »
Everytime I try running my Avast Free Antivirus it keeps freezing up around the 80% mark on a full system scan.  At one time I did get a reading stating that "some files could not be scanned" and the detailed report is as follows "File Name- C:\Windows\System32\drivers\vsmraid.sys ; Status- Error: the request could not be performed because of an I/O device error (1117)".  I was hoping that a restore point would do the trick, but then I remembered that I had disabled that function...... Any help would be much appreciated.

Offline Michael (alan1998)

• Massive Poster
  • Volunteer
Re: Free Avast Not Completing Scan
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 02:36:52 AM »
Hi, if Avast! isn't completing a scan at all. It'd be prudent to attempt a reinstall of Avast!. If issues still persist, restart into Safe Mode, and try again. It could be something blocking Avast!. If Avast! still won't scan in Safe Mode, try a Boot-time scan. If that fails, even after the reinstall then it's an Avast! thing, and a bug/glitch in code.

You can also try Malwarebytes to scan your system. It's always effective.

As for File you can't scan.. https://blog.avast.com/2014/02/28/how-do-i-handle-files-that-avast-cant-scan/
VOLUNTEER

Senior Security Analyst; Sys Admin (Linux); Forensics/Incident Response.

Security is a mindset, not an application. Think BEFORE you click.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 10:01:24 PM »
I tried a boot time scan not too long ago and it also stalled.  I also tried the sfc /scannow process through my command prompt and it showed me that there were some corrupt files that could not be repaired in the form of "iassdo.dll.mui".  I have yet to try a safe mode scan, but I am familiar with the process.  On on another note, I just updated my Avast and I'm still getting the same problem. 

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 10:03:06 PM »
I don't remember having any trouble with my SUPER Anti Spyware program, but I'm going to run another full scan to be sure.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 10:49:24 PM »
This is an SQL error

Could you generate a support package https://www.avast.com/en-gb/faq.php?article=AVKB33#artTitle

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 11:53:10 PM »
What exactly is an sql error?  I just want to get a better understanding of this.  As for the support package you mean just following through those steps for submitting the support file?  I'll go ahead and work on this asap.  Thanks.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 11:57:10 PM »
I have the free version of avast and I can't seem to find any order number.......

Offline Be Secure

• Long Time Avast User(10years.....) Security Enthusiast.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 03:18:45 AM »
I have the free version of avast and I can't seem to find any order number.......
you can provide the Support Package ID :)
PC- Windows10 EDU 64Bit,avast! free 21.1.2449,uBlock Origin,NVT_OSA,GoogleChrome(64bit),CCleaner,Unchecky,ZAM Free,Shadow Defender.
Security Enthusiast

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2015, 09:53:02 PM »
I'm not sure where to find the Support Package ID.  I've looked through the program itself under "About Avast" and even the account login, but I can't find it.  Please let me know how I can locate that ID and I'll get this process started.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2015, 10:04:20 PM »
I'm not sure where to find the Support Package ID
If you did as suggested above by Essexboy, you will recive a confirmation containing a ticket ID number

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2015, 12:35:56 AM »
Alright, I just went through the whole process and got both a ticket ID number and the support package ID. Should I post them here for more assistance or wait for the avast team to respond?