Author Topic: Spybot-S & D error message  (Read 7937 times)

megaman04

Spybot-S & D error message
« on: November 24, 2005, 06:43:08 PM »
Does anyone know much about Spybot-Search & Destroy program?  I downloaded Spybot-Search & Destroy over a year ago.  Last week I updated Spybot for the first time.  Just recently, I've heard not to download "Teatimer."  I don't know if I downloaded Teatimer a year ago or just recently when I updated the program.

My first question is, how can I find out if I have Teatimer,and if I do have it, should I uninstall it, or keep using it?  I don't know what it's used for.

Now, I just got through running Spybot ("Check for problems").  I haven't used the "fix selected problems" feature yet because an error message appeared in the "Problem" screen of Spybot.

This is the error message:  Error during check!  NewDotNet (Datei C:\WINDOWS\wininit.ini kann.

Underneath this message are three "problems?"  They are:  Adware.Webext, DyFuCA, and SurfSideKick.

Also, a different message keeps popping up.  This is the message:  Cannot find any installed language resource DLLs.  Please reinstall the product.

Every time I click the "OK" button, the same message keeps apprearing.  It has appeard about 20 times now, even as I am writing this.  I don't know what the "reinstall the product" means.  I don't know if they are talking about reinstalling Spybot or something else.

Second question, what do I do with the "error message in Spybot with the three problems, including the "reinstall product" message?

I'd really appreciate your expertise so I can continue to use Spybot.  Thanks, Megaman

johnny223

Re: Spybot-S & D error message
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 07:10:08 PM »
When u install the program, the tea-timer is installed too, but u can choose either to enable or disable it.
To check, open spybot, go to mode, then advanced mode, click the tab "tools", then click resident, and see if "tea-timer" is checked, if it is, it's enabled.  i personally dont use teatimer because i think it's annoying, every time u install new programs, it warns u about changes made to ur computer.

megaman04

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005, 07:45:31 PM »
When u install the program, the tea-timer is installed too, but u can choose either to enable or disable it.
To check, open spybot, go to mode, then advanced mode, click the tab "tools", then click resident, and see if "tea-timer" is checked, if it is, it's enabled.  i personally dont use teatimer because i think it's annoying, every time u install new programs, it warns u about changes made to ur computer.

Thanks Johnny, I went through the procedures and teatimer was not checked or enabled.  Happy Thanksgiving, Megman

megaman04

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2005, 08:15:05 PM »

Johnny, is it okay to use the advance mode with Spybot when checking and fixing the problems?  I've always used the default mode.  Thanks, Megaman

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2005, 08:19:07 PM »
Johnny, is it okay to use the advance mode with Spybot when checking and fixing the problems?  I've always used the default mode.  Thanks, Megaman
No problems... just that you'll need to learn more features, possibilities, settings, etc.
The best things in life are free.

megaman04

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2005, 03:11:12 AM »
Tech people, no need to follow-up on my inquiries about Spybot.  I uninstalled it and reinstalled again, and the problem has left.  Thanks, Megaman

timcan

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2005, 03:19:15 AM »
megaman04, the immunize feature is good to use. :)

megaman04

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2005, 03:26:21 AM »

What do you mean by "good to use?"  All I do is click on the "check for problems" button and if there's a problem, then I click on the "fix the problem" button.  Megaman

timcan

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2005, 03:32:24 AM »

What do you mean by "good to use?"  All I do is click on the "check for problems" button and if there's a problem, then I click on the "fix the problem" button.  Megaman
  spy bot has a list of known spyware that it will block from you if you enable it.

megaman04

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2005, 03:39:43 AM »
  spy bot has a list of known spyware that it will block from you if you enable it.

I just ran Spybot and only clicked on the "Immunize" button.  It reported, "Immunization has finished," and also, "2326 bad products are now blocked."  What's that "bad products" about?  I don't have to do anything else right?Megaman

timcan

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2005, 03:44:23 AM »
That is correct. ;)

megaman04

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2005, 03:46:05 AM »
That is correct. ;)

Thanks.  I started a new thread on Spyblaster.  I'm having problems with that too.  Megaman

Spiritsongs

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2005, 07:18:00 PM »
 :) In the future if you have any questions about Spybot,
     ask THEIR Experts on THEIR forums at :
     http://forums.spybot.info

megaman04

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2005, 09:13:03 PM »
:) In the future if you have any questions about Spybot,
     ask THEIR Experts on THEIR forums at :
     http://forums.spybot.info