Author Topic: Automatic renewal - a scam  (Read 3123 times)

REDACTED

Automatic renewal - a scam
« on: September 22, 2015, 08:36:18 PM »
I have been a faithful user of AVAST, but am now VERY upset that one  CANOT renew ( and pay) without agreeing to the Automatic renewal the following years.
This is no longer an option.

If one goes into settings, again nowhere is there a place to cancel the automatic renewal, or even change the credit card details ( so that renewals fails)

Thats nice - you just locked me in - how stupid I was thinking I could get out of automatic renewal for eternity.

If that is not a scam, what is ???

A VERY digrunted customer. will definitly not go the Avast route again
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 05:43:14 PM by sambert »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Automatic renewal - a scam
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 08:42:17 PM »
It is possible at the time although it says you have the auto renewal, it can be unchecked at the time of purchase/renewal.

If you didn't do it then it is possible to remove it:
You could also check to see if your Order number can be found at https://store.avast.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayCustomerServiceOrderSearchPage&SiteID=avast.

Also see - General: Orders & Renewals - FAQ - https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB24#artTitle
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 05:38:08 PM »
I was more than aware of the autorenewal at the time of ordering, tried to not check the auto renewal, but then the order would not go through, I was back at the page with the auto renewal AND agree with there having only 1 box, not 2. ( for the full version - paying)

So Impossible to order without auto renewal.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 05:43:40 PM by sambert »

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 05:45:53 PM »
im a lil unhappy too. im a little new at this forum but i paid 20 uk pounds for the protection of AVAST thinkinking it was going to fix probs with my laptop too!
ive been delighted with AVAST for yrs and thought it was time to upgrade/give something back...now i see to fix laptop issues i have to buy yet another add on, how many more?
was i gullable?
dont wanna slate AVAST as been so good in the past, picked up way more than norton which i deleted as soon as i got laptop, jim...err..i mean...stepwolf

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 05:51:16 PM »
I have finally found a place to change the autorenewal, BUT am not sure it will work.

In the avast program, go to
Settings ( account is where it should be, but is not)
Update ( not subscriptions where it should be)
then expand the "settings" ( it is hidden so not visible at first)
and there it was, 4 options.

The pages are not clear as in the subscription page before i see
a) my subscription is valid till sept 2016 ( ie 1 year = correct)
BUT
b) below it says
renew subscription now, will expire in sept 2015 - so which is true ?

« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 05:52:51 PM by sambert »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 05:52:54 PM »
im a lil unhappy too. im a little new at this forum but i paid 20 uk pounds for the protection of AVAST thinkinking it was going to fix probs with my laptop too!
ive been delighted with AVAST for yrs and thought it was time to upgrade/give something back...now i see to fix laptop issues i have to buy yet another add on, how many more?
was i gullable?
dont wanna slate AVAST as been so good in the past, picked up way more than norton which i deleted as soon as i got laptop, jim...err..i mean...stepwolf
and what problems do you have?

posting your problems here in the forum should be first option ... we fix for free   ;)

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 06:06:37 PM »
thanks for replying so quick.
i thought i would get the optimise package at same time for the money i spent, thought it was included.

ps, you guys look goog...any connections to the NEAT  folks i love and admire?