Author Topic: Something wrong with my Avast Mobile?  (Read 2091 times)

Offline Pernaman

Something wrong with my Avast Mobile?
« on: September 30, 2015, 08:12:49 PM »
Sorry if description of my first issue sounds sloppy, but I've not got used to subscribe my phone's functions in english...

I've been using Avast Mobile on my Android for some months now. I've never had any notecable problems, but one thing that has caught my attention has been that whenever I've went to close all recenty used applications, and usually when I've opened Avast Mobile and close it with other applications, little Avast icon in top left corner on my phone's screen (in the bar where it shows battery, internet connection etc.) has started to blink off and on for a short time. Usually the icon just stays there normally and it says "Avast is protecting you". Recently I tried to fix this issue by reinstalling the app (removed it with app manager and redownloaded it again from Google Play). With new install little Avast icon isn't no longer visible in top corner at all and becomes visible only after scan result notifications and after scanning updated/just installed apps. Could this be seen as some kind of defect or bug? Avast Mobile Security seems to be working fine otherwise, since automatic scan still works, but my phone doesn't seem to show the app icon on Adroid top bar to show that it is actively running, though app shows that all shields are active.

Second thing, I wonder that is Avast Mobile Security actually ment to support mobile Firefox? I use it as my default mobile browser, though I don't use my phone to surf on any random websites, just the ones I visit casually on my PC. But the thing is that even when I actively use mobileFirefox, Avast Mobile Security web shield doesn't seem to scan any URLs at all and it just says "Scanned URLs: 0" whatever I check. ???
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 08:29:12 PM by Pernaman »
Finnish casual PC and Avast user with mediocre computer knowledge and rather sloppy english computer vocabulary
( ._.)

I use Avast free with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Firefox with Adblock Plus & Noscript

Offline Tereza V.

• Advanced Poster
Re: Something wrong with my Avast Mobile?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 10:57:43 PM »
Hi Pernaman,

the icon can be enabled in Avast Mobile Security -- Settings -- Notification Center -- Notification icon.

The AMS Web Shield protects Android Browser, Google Chrome, Amazon Silk, Boat Browser and Boat Browser mini. These are the only supported browsers at the moment, plus we are working on adding Dolphin Browser, but I have no information about Firefox, sorry. However, I will forward your suggestion to my colleagues, to consider it for the future.

Thanks for understanding, Tereza from AMS Team