Author Topic: Can't login to support.avast.com, able to login to forum and myavast.com  (Read 2951 times)

REDACTED

I can login to 2 out of the 3 Avast sites without problems but I can only occasionally login to the Support site. Since I have an open ticket, this makes it difficult to follow up on.
The username/password combo for support works sometimes, but not most of the time. So it isn't a situation where the password is bad -- and I've tried copying and pasting in the password to avoid the possibility of typo's.
I've also cleared the browser cache but that didn't solve the problem either.

Any suggestions?

Carl

Offline moroni

• Avast team
  • Poster
Re: Can't login to support.avast.com, able to login to forum and myavast.com
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 06:29:24 PM »
Hi Carl036,

Sorry, we are aware of that and are planning to use the same credentials of the Avast account also for the support site.
You should receive an email when you get a response to your ticket nevertheless, so perhaps it is not needed to be actively checking it.
Anyhow, what is the exact error message you receive when you cannot login to the support portal?

Moroni

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 07:14:37 PM »
I had this problem when I reported a false-positive recently. The fp was resolved promptly by the Avast Customer and Technical Support but I had to log in with a different email account to my usual Avast! email one. It just seems buggy to login.

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 06:38:41 PM »
I had this problem when I reported a false-positive recently. The fp was resolved promptly by the Avast Customer and Technical Support but I had to log in with a different email account to my usual Avast! email one. It just seems buggy to login.

Buggy is certainly a good description I guess.  I haven't been able to login to the Avast forum on the following browsers:

Firefox:
1) Cannot login to Avast forum
2) Could not login to "My Avast account", but later after logging in with the other two browser below I found I was able to login to "May Avast account".

Chrome:
2) Can login to "My Avast account" (but doing so doesn't help to login to forum)

IE:
2) Can login to "My Avast account" (but doing so still does not hep to login to forum)

Pale Moon:
2) Cannot login to "My Avast account"

I've tried to login into the Avast Forum with each of the four browsers above doing the following:
1) New Private Window
2) Restart with add-ons disabled
3) Start in safe-mode

All failed for a few days, however as of today I was able to finally login using IE (but only in "private window") and Chrome (but only in "Incognito") and I still cannot login or even access the forum in the 4 browsers in "regular" browser windows.

In some cases (some browsers) I can login to My Avast, but this still does not help regarding the Avast forum however.

In fact I cannot even access the Avast forum at all even in Avast's preferred browser Chrome as a "guest" since the links do not even work to open the discussion boards.

All very frustrating to say the least. >:(

Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.

Offline nana3

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 11:03:05 PM »
I can login with Firefox and IE11 but not with Pale Moon browser. 

When I click on the sign in page, the next page shows in the middle of the page a yellow box with an exclamation mark in it.  To the left of the screen there is the word Avast shown and to the right of the page it says *don't have an account yet* and to the right of it a box with the word *register* in it.

If this is caused by Avast! then shame on Avast in not having fixed it since this signin problem has been going on for a couple of months.