Author Topic: Not Enough Storage Error  (Read 7977 times)

Offline nightshade

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Not Enough Storage Error
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2015, 09:23:55 PM »
Finally getting used to using both ClamWin and Clam Sentinel.

I have cut the full scan file extensions down to five .DLL, .EXE, .MSR, .SCR and .SYS, as it was taking quite a bit of time for the scanning.

Also not to scan a file over 5MB.

Does that sound okay?

Free avast.
Product version 22.4.6011
Windows 7 32bit
Version 6.1 build 7601 service pack 1

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2015, 09:45:01 PM »
Also what does clam sentinel actually bring to clamwin?
As said, Realtime protection, but i guess you found out   ;)     lots of info on there website(s)

And they have a forum    http://forums.clamwin.com

Offline nightshade

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2015, 10:30:15 PM »
Also what does clam sentinel actually bring to clamwin?
As said, Realtime protection,

When I think of real time protection I think of it checking newly opening web pages and links, it doesn't appear to have this.  :-\
Free avast.
Windows 7 32bit

Offline nightshade

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2015, 12:57:02 AM »
When I was asking if 98 was still supported what I really meant is Avast 4.8 still allowing successful downloads for virus updates? After receiving that storage error message then DavidR saying that it could well be ok for virus updates it has left me kinda confused.
Free avast.
Windows 7 32bit

Offline nightshade

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2015, 11:36:42 AM »
I can confirm that the Avast 4.8 1368 will not download the virus definitions without the storage message regardless whether there is plenty of storage or not, so it would seem that Windows 98 is no longer for Avast free.
Free avast.
Windows 7 32bit

REDACTED

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2015, 01:51:09 PM »
I can confirm that the Avast 4.8 1368 will not download the virus definitions without the storage message regardless whether there is plenty of storage or not, so it would seem that Windows 98 is no longer for Avast free.
I was using version 7 up until last week when I saw that my virus and engine definitions had not been updated for 2 weeks prior to that! My mum using the computer more than me these days and she hadn't noticed. So, I went to the Avast website and downloaded the VPS file for that version, but all it did was change the program version to the latest one (version 10) after the computer was restarted, so it looks like versions 9 and 10 are the only ones that will be updated from now on, which is fair enough. I knew that the program version I was using was outdated by almost three years, so I'm not overly surprised!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2015, 03:40:58 PM »
I was using version 7 up until last week when I saw that my virus and engine definitions had not been updated for 2 weeks prior to that! My mum using the computer more than me these days and she hadn't noticed. So, I went to the Avast website and downloaded the VPS file for that version, but all it did was change the program version to the latest one (version 10) after the computer was restarted, so it looks like versions 9 and 10 are the only ones that will be updated from now on, which is fair enough. I knew that the program version I was using was outdated by almost three years, so I'm not overly surprised!
Yes, Avast moved on: https://blog.avast.com/2015/05/06/support-for-older-avast-windows-consumer-version-will-end/
The best things in life are free.

Offline Diehard Win98

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2015, 09:45:42 PM »

For more on this error, read the Avast Webforum topic that I started 10/12/15 titled "Avast4.8 stopped working on Win98SE"