Author Topic: Can't remove program from Virus Chest  (Read 5020 times)

REDACTED

Can't remove program from Virus Chest
« on: February 27, 2015, 02:59:57 PM »
I am a new user to Avast, I am trying it out for our small business. I am running Windows 8 on a Surface Tablet and it put the windows paint program into the virus chest. I go into the chest and right click to restore the program and it gives an error message saying "You are not allowed to perform this action, please contact your system administrator." I am the administrator of this computer. Is this an Avast issue or a systems permissions thing with windows.

REDACTED

Re: Can't remove program from Virus Chest
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 05:56:56 PM »
Hi Matthew,

To restore the file with the cloud product, log in the portal (business.avast.com) and select network>devices. Select the device then threats detected>virus chest. Here you can choose to restore or delete the file. This is disallowed on the client to prevent end users from restoring potentially harmful files.
Since avast has detected an issue with this file, If you choose to restore, I would run it through virus total (virustotal.com) to check it against other AV software to make sure there's not a threat.
If you find Avast has detected this incorrectly let us know and provide a copy of the file so that we can send it over to our virus lab for review.

Thanks!

Jeff

Offline iComms

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 11:47:03 PM »
Hello, similar issue here but the other way round.

One of our MacBooks had a few suspect files and these were moved to the Virus Chest.  Wanting to delete them, from the Portal, I selected the files and hit delete.

The files have been deleted from the Mac but on the Portal for that device under Virus Chest they are greyed out and show a status of "Deleting"

Any ideas?

Adrian.

Offline Jeff.S

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 05:12:36 PM »
Hi Icomms,

What was the device name? Looking at the task on the account, I'm not seeing any pending statuses. If this is still an issue, you can use the live chat link or the support link in the portal and that support team will be glad to assist you as well.

Thanks!

Jeff

Offline iComms

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 05:56:48 PM »
Spoke to one of your guys and a reinstall on the machine fixed it.

Will let you know if it reoccurs.

Thanks,

Adrian.