Author Topic: phone support  (Read 1885 times)

REDACTED

phone support
« on: October 06, 2015, 05:51:00 AM »
Just spent the last 20 minutes with a tech support (????)
I downloaded the update version and my computer had a series of pop-up, slowed to almost a halt,
error pop ups warning to call a # and not try to remove the virus. went to avast site for infor why since I had Avast for over 8 years, a program that was to prevent all these pop up and scams....
Desperate I call the number on the Avast web site. Person with sir name of Teodoro who said he was from Costa Rico and in the US said he could help by acessing my computer... since the desktop had all the trouble I could barely follow the instrustions, pleading with him to stop talking until I could get the url address to hold long enough without having to closr one pop up after another... this guy never shut up.. I asked him o wait because I couldn't keep up and he still jabbered on and on... I asked him why all of a sudden after I upgraded all hell broke loose.. was told it wasn't Avast fault...IT WAS MINE........ great support....
Finally brought up a list of errors saying.." see this is your fault" you have other anti virus programs on the computer and should have only ONE...AVAST.
He suggest I pay $180 to repair my computer..... SO I HAD CALLED ONE OF THOSE PAY US OR WE SHUT DOWN THE COMPUTER SCAMS!!!!
To think I had used AVast for so many years, paid for it year after year and I get "we let the virus in but we can fix it for $180.00.....
I deleted Avast completely and will stop payment on the renewal... and let everyone know what the new scam is.... rude Todoro and $180 fix.

Good-bye Avast...

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: phone support
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 08:27:57 AM »
Desperate I call the number on the Avast web site. Person with sir name of Teodoro who said he was from Costa Rico and in the US said he could help by acessing my computer... since the desktop had all the trouble I could barely follow the instrustions, pleading with him to stop talking until I could get the url address to hold long enough without having to closr one pop up after another... this guy never shut up.. I asked him o wait because I couldn't keep up and he still jabbered on and on... I asked him why all of a sudden after I upgraded all hell broke loose.. was told it wasn't Avast fault...IT WAS MINE........ great support....
Finally brought up a list of errors saying.." see this is your fault" you have other anti virus programs on the computer and should have only ONE...AVAST.
He suggest I pay $180 to repair my computer..... SO I HAD CALLED ONE OF THOSE PAY US OR WE SHUT DOWN THE COMPUTER SCAMS!!!!
To think I had used AVast for so many years, paid for it year after year and I get "we let the virus in but we can fix it for $180.00.....
Report your experience to Moroni (3rd Party Support Manager) via PM.
-> https://forum.avast.com/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=453754
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0