Author Topic: Support Tickets???  (Read 3350 times)

Offline James149

Support Tickets???
« on: October 06, 2015, 06:39:35 PM »
Does anyone reply to the billing support tickets? Submitted one on 9-30 and haven't gotten any response. Most companies aim for 48 hours. A week is plenty enough time to respond and yet I haven't heard anything.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Support Tickets???
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 06:42:34 PM »
post ticket number here

Offline James149

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 07:48:36 PM »
In regards to Ticket ID: #ULJ-432-68431.

Thanks.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 12:31:37 AM »
Does anyone reply to the billing support tickets? Submitted one on 9-30 and haven't gotten any response. Most companies aim for 48 hours. A week is plenty enough time to respond and yet I haven't heard anything.

Response can take 7-10 (Business) days depending

Offline Staticguy

• Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 01:19:12 AM »
In regards to Ticket ID: #ULJ-432-68431.

Thanks.

I reported your ticket number to moderators. So when they come online, they will be able to assist you  :). As schmidthouse mentioned it could take 7-10 (business) days. Don't edit or reply to your own ticket, or else it will be pushed back in the line. So be patience.
DELL Inspiron 15" 7000 Gaming, Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1237), Trend Micro Maximum Security 2021 (17.0.1333), Avast SecureLine VPN (5.12.5655), Windows Firewall, Unchecky 1.2

Offline James149

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 09:01:36 PM »
My suggestion would be to say that upfront in the verification email rather than "Response times vary depending on the department and issue, but please be assured that your support request will be answered as soon as possible". I think it is a reasonable expectation from the customer to expect a response in 2-3 business days like most companies provide. Longer than that and you are left wondering if a response is going to be made without any sort of acknowledgement that it could take longer. Just some customer feedback. Thanks for the info though.

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 10:02:38 PM »
unfortunately the ticket fell to the end of queue with new reply :(
Quality is also a feature.

Offline James149

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 03:15:18 AM »
Well someone from Avast replied to it and asked me a question. Answering their question should mark the ticket as open and being worked on; not just dropped to the end of the line.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 01:54:04 PM »
unfortunately the ticket fell to the end of queue with new reply :(
Just to explain what Lukas said, the ticket system follows FIFO rules: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFO_%28computing_and_electronics%29
So, it goes to the end if replied.
The best things in life are free.

Offline James149

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2015, 07:54:56 PM »
I understand what he is saying and I know how FIFO works. I've actually worked Technical Support for a web hosting company for 4 years for both phone and a online ticket system. What I'm saying is regardless if the system you are using re-sorts the queue each time a reply is made regardless if the reply is made by the customer or a support representative and throws that ticket to the end, then support representatives should scan the queue for tickets with replies already made and seek to close those out before answering new ones especially since your waiting time for new tickets 7-10 business days. So it's not an issue with the software protocol; more how representatives approach the task. Of course our goal was always a one contact resolution and hoped that a reply back wasn't needed from a customer, but if it happened, those tickets had priority over new tickets coming in. Otherwise you are telling customers to wait in line multiple times if you cant address their problem in one email.

Now luckily this appears to be the case as the representative replied to my ticket again in 24 hours so I did not have to wait the 7-10 days again. So even if a reply did knock my ticket back to the end, it appears since it was an already replied to ticket that it took some priority over others which is the way it should be and all I was trying to say.