Author Topic: Online content unavailable  (Read 50275 times)

REDACTED

Re: Online content unavailable
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2015, 02:16:34 PM »
I don't really get the problem, it happened here aswell.

first, I'm using the german version of avast, it says "Lädt", then it gives the error message -  in english (why in english, i've set it to german, and if I want to run it in english, I would set it to english).

then, if it wants to download something, it should at least tell what it wants to download and give the opportunity to delay it. I'm sometimes on my mobile connection, and they charge per megabyte.

and finally, it should be trivial to detect the online-status. is the connection down or is the server down.

so please tell me, how those problems can be fixed, especially the weird switches between languages is annoying, aswell as that pop up, informing about a non-existing problem, and even showing a wrong picture (how do I plug in a wireless lan cable?).

Offline Dynaheir

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2015, 02:20:07 PM »
Hey, is there any way how to disable avast from popping up like this without unistalling it whole?

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2015, 02:20:18 PM »
Im having the same issue. I already tried to reinstall avast if its not something with my internet so it kept popping up. Its realy annoying while im working I realy look forward to the fix hopefully today.

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2015, 02:25:36 PM »
Same here. Avast free

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2015, 02:29:36 PM »
Mine said the same thing after I installed the latest win7 up-date after re-boot.Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3035583)

Installation date: ‎10/‎8/‎2015 4:05 AM

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Recommended

Install this update to resolve issues in Windows. For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update, see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article for more information. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

More information:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/3035583

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

Offline Dynaheir

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2015, 02:31:31 PM »
Mine said the same thing after I installed the latest win7 up-date after re-boot.Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3035583)

Installation date: ‎10/‎8/‎2015 4:05 AM

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Recommended

Install this update to resolve issues in Windows. For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update, see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article for more information. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

More information:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/3035583

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com
It's not because of this update. I didn't have it installed yet andavast started nagging

REDACTED

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2015, 02:33:23 PM »
Same here. Avast free

I'm seeing it on the free, cloud, and server-based versions.  It's getting really annoying because it keeps popping up.  I'm going to have to record an IT Crowd-style voicemail on my phone to tell people to ignore it...hopefully Avast's content servers haven't been hijacked with the zero-day exploit...

Offline Secondmineboy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2015, 02:37:35 PM »
Just to inform: Avasts servers are hopefully really secure. AND the Zero-Day Exploit was already patched recently.

The Avast account website is currently down, which may cause these popups since its trying to connect and update my.avast.com,
which is impossible so it may cause that popup message.
Windows 10 1909, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD, 1366 by 768 LCD Screen, Intel Core i3 5010U Dual Core, Intel HD Graphics 5500
HUAWEI P30 Pro. Android 10

REDACTED

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2015, 02:38:40 PM »
Hello there

Just another "ditto". As long as im not the only one, im not overly worried.

Pop ups are getting in the way of work (Realtime Visualization) and im on a deadline for 4pm.

Oh, well #firstworldproblems

Rdgs

LoK

REDACTED

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2015, 02:40:25 PM »
Same here!

Is there a way to fix this other than uninstalling and switching to a less retarded anti-virus program and never looking back?

Poor poor design to have it pop up when it can't reach home. Nevermind about fixing the server, it should just fail gracefully.

Suggestion for people to maybe try: Try turning off streaming updates? Maybe that would stop it? I haven't tried that and I'm not going to try it, but maybe someone else will and let us know if it did anything...

REDACTED

Re: The online content is unavailable
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2015, 02:42:10 PM »
I've got it on our 2 pc's too.  Keeps popping up while my son is gaming as well.

Offline Secondmineboy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: The online content is unavailable
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2015, 02:42:59 PM »
my.avast.com is currently down which may cause these popups since Avast tries to update your Avast account there, if you have one :)
Windows 10 1909, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD, 1366 by 768 LCD Screen, Intel Core i3 5010U Dual Core, Intel HD Graphics 5500
HUAWEI P30 Pro. Android 10

REDACTED

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2015, 02:45:14 PM »
a similar problem

as far as I could understand, I think the point is that the Awas trying to make some kind of update account, but a site with user accounts unavailable. So far, that I took the advice and turned avast mode without notification / game mode that pops up a Avast-window every time (and it is very annoying). But globally can only wait until the repaired portion of the site.

REDACTED

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2015, 02:49:57 PM »
Same here!

Is there a way to fix this other than uninstalling and switching to a less retarded anti-virus program and never looking back?

Poor poor design to have it pop up when it can't reach home. Nevermind about fixing the server, it should just fail gracefully.

Suggestion for people to maybe try: Try turning off streaming updates? Maybe that would stop it? I haven't tried that and I'm not going to try it, but maybe someone else will and let us know if it did anything...
try to temporarily disable without notice mode / Gaming Mode - In this mode, the notification Avast are not shown. In any case, I have since there seems to be not surfaced after the switched mode without notice

REDACTED

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2015, 02:53:10 PM »
Wauv... just wauv. Shoddy programming Avast.

Getting spammed by these popups because your website is down, it's one the dumbest things I have ever heard.
Get it under control now and fix your programs now.