Author Topic: Avast! client popping up - trying to figure out why  (Read 14661 times)

REDACTED

Avast! client popping up - trying to figure out why
« on: October 08, 2015, 02:01:32 PM »
My Avast! client has popped up with the 'Account' tab selected four times today with a message saying "Loading..." afterwards a message says "The online content is unavailable Please, check your internet connection and try again." Lately I've been having internet connectivity issues and while trying to figure out why the client has been popping up I noticed that I cannot log into the antivirus client. When I try the 'Account' tab loads and I get the same message saying "The online content is unavailable Please, check your internet connection and try again."

Is my internet connectivity issue the reason Avast! is popping up? Just to be safe I'm running a full system scan, hopefully nothing malicious is going on.  :-\

Edit: Ah it looks like other people are having the same issue. Hopefully that rules out the possibility of something malicious.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 02:03:15 PM by somequestions111 »

REDACTED

Re: Avast! client popping up - trying to figure out why
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 02:02:40 PM »
same, very annoying, hope they fix this asap

REDACTED

HELP!! Avast keeps popping up
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 02:03:45 PM »
Starting about 15 minutes ago I had the Avast main window pop up on me and tell me "The online content is unavailable" so I tried reloading and get the same message. I close the Avast main window and now it keeps popping up about every 2-3 minutes with the same message! I obviously have internet connection so that is not the issue as Avast is telling me to check my internet connection. How do I STOP this from constantly popping up?? I am current on definitions and product. Please see attachment

Derika

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 02:05:00 PM »
same problem here on my 3 laptops :) what,s going on

Offline glnz

Avast opens and says "The online content is unavailable"
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 02:06:48 PM »
Avast Free opens by itself over and over and in the Overview tab says only "The online content is unavailable.  Please, check your internet connection and try again."  Otherwise seems to work, including updates. 

My registration is good - almost a year remaining.  Avast version 10.4.2233.

What's the problem?

Dell Optiplex 755 DT with Win XP Pro SP3 (kept current using the POS 2009 hack) and 4GB RAM.

(Also, another PC on my home network does not show this problem.  That one is Win 7 Pro SP1 64-bit.)

Thanks.

EDIT - Whoa!  The other PC on my network (Win 7) is ALSO showing this.  Hey, Avast, you got a virus??

« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 02:17:31 PM by glnz »
Various Dell Optiplexes running XP Pro SP3 32-bit, Win 7 Pro SP1 64-bit and Win 10 Pro 64-bit.  Firefox with security add-ons.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 02:07:24 PM »
Having same issue. Is Avast being needy because I have it on silent mode all the time. Strange.

REDACTED

Re: Avast opens and says "The online content is unavailable"
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 02:09:21 PM »
I literally just came here to post this issue myself. It's very frustrating, as I will be working or watching a video and the interface is constantly opening itself.

This problem only just began today after updating, but not for several hours after the update had been made. A restart has been completed.

ASUS pc running Windows 8 and Avast version 10.4.2233
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 02:13:16 PM by hayte »

Offline Dynaheir

Re: HELP!! Avast keeps popping up
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2015, 02:10:03 PM »
I have same issue here!
Plus, Down for everyone or just me is saying the currently this forum doesn't work as it should. Maybe the issues are connected?
Anyway, I was watching movie and this behaviour of avast really makes me angry. How I could stop it from doing this annoying popping up?

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2015, 02:14:13 PM »
Uninstall the program. If it cannot connect to the servers it shouldn't render your computer useless. It constantly drops me down to desktop and I don't like it at all.

Offline avant-guvnor

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2015, 02:14:22 PM »
It happens for me, only when I click on a webpages in my browser.

Now, I understand that Avast is trying to intercept viruses etc. when I visit webpages, but the fact that the Avast Account window pops up, suggests that Avast is trying to link that activity to my Account.

If this is the case and I suspect it is, I am extremely angry and disappointed.

Avast, you may have been rumbled here. If you are, please stop tracking my web activity, immediately!!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 02:17:14 PM by mville »

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2015, 02:14:22 PM »
Having the same problem. Have notified Avast but have little hope of a reply.G

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2015, 02:15:38 PM »
I too am having this issue.  I'm also having trouble with the forum sever being very slow and sometimes only get a blank page. Is there away to turn off the reload request from avast?

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2015, 02:15:40 PM »
I found a temporarily solution until the problem is solved: Enable Silent/Gaming Mode.
Still broken. :(
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 02:22:09 PM by adrianpetrovtl »

REDACTED

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2015, 02:16:44 PM »
A similar problem. As I understand it - Avast has something to add to the account - but that part of the site where these accounts - is not working. How to make so that at least, I would not have downloaded avast window by itself? Since this is very annoying.

REDACTED

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2015, 02:18:17 PM »
For me to stop this from continually popping up I just minimize the Avast window for now. I just won't be browsing websites like I normally do. This is a bit concerning and needs to be fixed quickly.

EDIT: Minimizing the window helped for about 15 minutes and then it decided to pop up once again.....Uggghhhhh
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 02:30:46 PM by derikalena »