Author Topic: Avast 11.2 Web Shield & Safari 9.0  (Read 2806 times)

REDACTED

Avast 11.2 Web Shield & Safari 9.0
« on: October 08, 2015, 07:49:13 PM »
I'm seeing Avast 11.2 Web Shield causing page load issues with Safari 9.0 in Yosemite (OS X 10.10.5) which weren't occurring in previous versions of Safari. Certain sites lose all formatting, others don't display images, and some are missing a combination of features and images. Turning off Web Shield fixes the issue. See attached. This issue can be produced whether the Avast Online Security extension for Safari is installed and running.

Has anyone worked out how to bypass this issue? I don't want to whitelist the server for these sites, since it seems that the Web Shield is attempting to block advertisements, but I also would like to keep the Web Shield activated. Any help/advice is appreciated.

Offline tumic

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Avast 11.2 Web Shield & Safari 9.0
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 11:21:24 AM »
So is it an issue with the Safari plugin or the webshield? I ca'nt figure it out from your description.
The extension and the webshield are two completely different things. If you disable the extension,
than everything starts working?

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 02:18:02 PM »
I'm seeing Avast 11.2 Web Shield causing page load issues with Safari 9.0 in Yosemite (OS X 10.10.5)...

Thanks for the reply. The issue is with Web Shield. I meant to post that the issue can be reproduced "whether or not" the plugin is running - sorry about that.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 02:22:47 PM by carnosaurus »

Offline tumic

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 06:55:01 PM »
What is in the system log file?
Can you give some examples of webpages, where the issue occurs?

Offline kenwebb181

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 09:25:34 PM »
I also have safari for mac 9.0 and am using latest avast for mac, i have not had a safari plugin since avast verion 9.0 and we are on avast 11.2 i would really like to get the avast safari extension i have removed avast using uninstall both in the app and on install app and reinstalled after a reboot,it installs plugin/extension for Firefox and also chrome but no safari.