Author Topic: support.avast.com - new interface and platform  (Read 27579 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: support.avast.com - new interface and platform
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2016, 01:23:06 AM »
This really should have been in its own topic - I will however try to attract some attention to your problem.

As has been said the support telephone line is handled by a 3rd party service and they don't have the order or payment details so they can't deal with it.

Whilst it said 24hrs in the email response, we (avast users) are seeing it to be 5-10 business days - obviously over the holiday period there will be a greater number of non-business days.

You don't actually say what action it is/was that you required in your ticket.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline moroni

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2016, 01:50:48 PM »
Hi.....is it possible to get anyone from Avast to answer concerns? Submitted an support request on 28th December last year and despite an automated acknowledgment advising 24 hour response on Ticket Number 112514....nearly 2 weeks later....NOTHING! Online reviews and forums are full of similar problems. Non existent customer support doesn't inspire confidence to proceed beyond trial period and looks like it will have to be my credit card company that take it on board since Avast seem to just ignore customers once they have credit card details. After years of using Avast Free and upgrading to their so called 'Premier' service I am shocked to find such poor customer service....sign of the times maybe?

Hi s.millar,

Sorry about that.
Your trial's auto-renewal was successfully cancelled on 28 December. You should have received an automatic confirmation of this, didn't you receive it?

Offline moroni

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2016, 01:56:57 PM »
By the way the purpose of this thread was to provide information when we moved from the previous support platform to the newer one.
I'll be locking it as it is not aimed to serve for requesting support here.

If needed, please open a thread. Thank you for understanding.