Author Topic: longer beta  (Read 2562 times)

REDACTED

longer beta
« on: October 16, 2015, 09:03:41 PM »
avast every year is a short time in beta suggest one prorrogamento the test phase eg avast often asks lansar to the beta 3 and I suggest that from now on it is up to the beta 4 and then the RC since now since the lansamento the avast 2015 own avast said avast now have small updates and minor versions

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: longer beta
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 09:29:15 PM »
They can make 10 more beta builds if they feel like it. RC stage is usually limited to less iterations because when you decide for RC phase, you're just ironing out last minute show stopper bugs and problems and you're not adding any new features anymore.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 10:03:44 PM »
And it's very difficult to predict how long or how many beta releases there will be until
any software is ready for a RC release. It all depends upon what bugs are found and how serious the bugs are
and how long bug fixes take. I'm in no hurry because I want a good, solid final product.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline irongod

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 10:57:42 PM »
And it's very difficult to predict how long or how many beta releases there will be until
any software is ready for a RC release. It all depends upon what bugs are found and how serious the bugs are
and how long bug fixes take. I'm in no hurry because I want a good, solid final product.

They can make 10 more beta builds if they feel like it. RC stage is usually limited to less iterations because when you decide for RC phase, you're just ironing out last minute show stopper bugs and problems and you're not adding any new features anymore.

I agree with both of you, but somehow I felt in the last 2-3 year that the avast products were somehow rushed out, with serious compatibility/stability issues (v9) or unfinished new modules/technologies that were just too buggy for the final release (v10) ... it is good that nowaday you can send a lot of updates to fix your software, I had somehow the impression that lately avast has pushed betas and RCs little bit to early to achieve their target release dates while the product was not fully finished and tested (already in "alpha" version / internal builds)... but I really hope this time v11 will be good from the R1 and do not have to wait R3-4 to see all the functionalities in and working correctly!
You take the tarot cards and throw them to the wind!