Author Topic: Cannot print to TPlink TL-PS310U Print Server after installing Avast Antivirus 2  (Read 7420 times)

REDACTED

Errors presented by [MFP and Storage Server] Software, when Avast Antivirus Web Shield is enabled:

[Device not found] (assumed translation into english) = [Apparaat niet gevonden] (in dutch)
OR:
[Connect status : driver fail, firmware fail]

Solution:
O 1. In Windows: Go to [Start Menu\Progams\Avast Software\Avast Free Antivirus]
O 2. In the Avast GUI: Go to [Settings\Active Protection]
O 3. Go to [Web Shield]
O 4. Click next to the [On] Button
O 5. Click [Stop permanently]
O 6. Dialog Pane: Do you want to continue? Click [YES]
O 7. Click [OK] in the Active Protection Pane.

Solved!

More people having a problem connecting to a device on the local network?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Only thing you have to do is set the correct exclusion in the webshield.

REDACTED

Hello

i have the same problem with my TP-LINK W8970 Print Server. When Avast is enabled the TP-Link software doesn't find the router and the printer. When i try to shutdown TP-Link software, system freezes and i need to use hard-reset.

I had disabled Web Shield in order to let my printer works.

Setting exclusions seems not to work. Or maybe i'm wrong with it. How should I set this exclusion?

Thanks

REDACTED

Hello,

Same Pb with my TPlink TL-PS310U Print Server with XP SP2. It was working fine until recently. I try anything but no configuration of the Avast Web Agent works, neither the URL, files, or processus exclusions. The only way to have the TL-PS310U working is to turn off the Web Agent, which is not really a solution!

Please, did you find any other solution?

Thanks,

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
Olivier,

your first problem is not having SP3 and all (security or otherwise) updates installed.
Fix that first, than start your own thread and provide details.

REDACTED

Eddy,

In fact, I am going to install W7 Pro on a new HDD, keeping my XP SP2 alive during the transition. So, I will not go to XP SP3.

Do you think that my actual problem with avast and the TL-PS310U will disappear with W7 Pro?

Thank you very much for your so quick response!

Thanks,

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
Do you think that my actual problem with avast and the TL-PS310U will disappear with W7 Pro?
There is only one way to find out. Perform a clean installation of Windows 7, install all drivers, install avast and see if there is any problem or not.