Author Topic: Do NOT buy this product !  (Read 11066 times)

REDACTED

Re: Do NOT buy this product !
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2015, 01:51:33 AM »
Hi David,
I've heard back from support and this is what they said "SecureLine VPN functionality problem might sometimes be caused by an error in the program's engine or by an internal system error."
They suggested a re-install by using Avastclear uninstall utility (in safe mode).

So far it seems to be working better. I'm usually a little wary of reinstalling "this" software because I have different paid timelines for Premiere and Secureline VPN (Premiere is paid for a longer period).
Anyway, so far so good.
Thanks for the offer and also thanks to everyone who replied!!

P.S. @David...that path to the secureline.txt file isn't on my Win 7 computer. A search doesn't turn the file up either.

thanks again,

Paul

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2015, 02:04:31 AM »
Hi David,
I've heard back from support and this is what they said "SecureLine VPN functionality problem might sometimes be caused by an error in the program's engine or by an internal system error."
They suggested a re-install by using Avastclear uninstall utility (in safe mode).

So far it seems to be working better. I'm usually a little wary of reinstalling "this" software because I have different paid timelines for Premiere and Secureline VPN (Premiere is paid for a longer period).
Anyway, so far so good.

P.S. @David...that path to the secureline.txt file isn't on my Win 7 computer. A search doesn't turn the file up either.

thanks again,

Paul

Just a thought.
The Program Data Folder is a "Hidden Folder" and I'm not sure a 'Search' would reveal it.
Go to Windows Explorer and select "View" from top then make sure "hidden items" is checked. :)

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2015, 07:16:22 AM »
Hi David,

Anyway, so far so good.

thanks again,

Paul

Just a thought.
The Program Data Folder is a "Hidden Folder" and I'm not sure a 'Search' would reveal it.
Go to Windows Explorer and select "View" from top then make sure "hidden items" is checked. :)

Hi thanks for the tip! You are right, it was a hidden file. Be careful where you check this off though, it actually has to be done in the control panel (at least in my case). Doing it in Explorer actually makes the folder and sub-folders disappear.

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2015, 07:21:08 AM »
Just an update on the above problem.

The suggestion above from support worked for "one day". I've been without SecureLine VPN ever since.

Support has been good with responses and suggestions, but so-far I'm back where I started.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2015, 06:07:13 PM »
Just an update on the above problem.

The suggestion above from support worked for "one day". I've been without SecureLine VPN ever since.

Support has been good with responses and suggestions, but so-far I'm back where I started.

Did you send the log to Davidek that he requested?
 This may help to identify your issue.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2015, 08:33:24 AM »
Hi Paul,

Please add the log file to the support ticket you opened and send me the ticket number (post it here is fine)  I will follow up directly with our techs to take a look at it.

Many thanks,

Davidek

REDACTED

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2015, 02:26:06 AM »
Thanks for the help offer David!!
The last suggestion from support was another reinstall with a specific instruction link. I don't have time for that right now, so I let it go and never did anything new and it "started working again yesterday", not sure what that's all about???
Anyway, I happy it's back and hope it stays that way.

My ticket number is: 39717

thanks,

Paul

REDACTED

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2015, 12:33:46 PM »
Seriously, if anyone in here can't make a decision about purchasing it, simply don't.

I bought it and i cannot use it. When i try to connect a server it keeps saying  'Sorry, it is not possible to establish a connection'.

And yes, i also submit a ticket and noone cares
have you heard of the very common maxim,"try before you buy?".I assume you tried the product before actually buying it..?
If not then your whinging is totally unfounded.
If however you did try it beforehand then the blame lies firmly on you.
When you buy a car for example and months down the line it fails to start then would you blame the car manufacturer.?
Of course not.!

Buying and selling is full of caveats and hard lessons are to be learned not just from the consumer but within the corporate carcass itself. ;D