Author Topic: Auto Renewal for Grimefighter deactivated - here is why  (Read 2238 times)

REDACTED

Auto Renewal for Grimefighter deactivated - here is why
« on: October 28, 2015, 10:15:37 PM »
I was notified recently that the Grimefighter would automatically be renewed next month onj the anniversary of my purchase. I have sent instruction via the included link not to automatically renew this service.  Why?  because for three months I tried to get it to launch and do what it said it would do and it never did.  Now after disarming the auto, I see there is an update.   I went with Iyogi and got all the issues cleaned up and CPU is working better than ever.

This has been a big disappointment for me because I have used Avast for a number of years, but the Grime fighter thing was a bust....don't ask who I called...that was a bust.  I don't have hours to sit in queue and I am not so CPU savy that I can explain by email what is happening...I needed someone to walk me thru this and could get that help.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Auto Renewal for Grimefighter deactivated - here is why
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 06:52:52 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

Re: Auto Renewal for Grimefighter deactivated - here is why
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 02:27:41 PM »
Who knew that a tool designed to help your computer could just cause so much misery?