Author Topic: BOOOO!!!! On Inclusion of MalWare SafePrice  (Read 1295 times)

Offline Geoff20

BOOOO!!!! On Inclusion of MalWare SafePrice
« on: October 30, 2015, 02:04:37 PM »
I WAS a big supporter of Avast. Regularly advised friends to install in mobile devices and toolbars, because I believed Avast to be extremely reputable and ethical company. You have managed to undo all that with the unsolicited and unapproved addition of SafePrice onto my system. Please advise me of plans to eliminate this practice or will be forced to desist recommending and inform those that I have previously advised to use your products to discontinue doing so. Thank you.

Offline -midnight

• Super Poster
Re: BOOOO!!!! On Inclusion of MalWare SafePrice
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 02:30:14 PM »
Go to AOS, the little green circle in the toolbar, settings and untick SafePrice.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 02:47:08 PM by -midnight »

Offline Malware Finder

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 08:20:58 PM »
I was unsure of what SafePrice was when it installed, on it's opening page it links to "See it work" I click on the first I presume example to show how cheap it can find products and Wow it save a huge percentage of an Apple laptop - yet look at the link and it's a completely different model ( a lower spec model that is obviously going to be cheaper ) - Can't believe we are now getting junkware/malware with security products!  WHAT NEXT? They will install a virus too?

Offline -midnight

• Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 10:44:20 PM »
Right click on the little Avast icon in the task bar, click on Open Avast User Interface, click on settings, components and you can uninstall SafePrice from there.