Author Topic: boot scan  (Read 2859 times)

satrat

boot scan
« on: December 03, 2005, 02:37:29 AM »
during boot scan, virus found. Ask what do I want to do, delet?? (virus found in windows folder) I don't like deleting files from that folder, how do I find out what to do with the file it found???

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: boot scan
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 12:24:40 PM »
during boot scan, virus found. Ask what do I want to do, delet?? (virus found in windows folder) I don't like deleting files from that folder, how do I find out what to do with the file it found???
Are you using the last avast version?
If so, send the file to Chest (Quarentine) and if you need it back you can restore it later...
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 05:07:06 PM »
The full path to the infected file and its name and what the virus was called would be helpful. You could then do a google search for the file name this may be able to give more information.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

satrat

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 01:59:07 AM »
Well thank you guys. But I reformated and reloaded the o/s. sys running good, avast says no viruses. Funny thing though, i put the trogin avast found in the chest. disabled sys restore, (xp) clean disk, temp,internet temp, cookies, hist,ete. and reboot to boot scan. Came up clean. sys still did not run right. Thus the format reload. runs good now>