Author Topic: Virus Information Yellow on White?  (Read 3143 times)

NeoMorph

Virus Information Yellow on White?
« on: October 20, 2005, 10:26:44 PM »
For some reason I cant read my virus information page as text is yellow on white. I've tied searching these forums but cant see anything about this...

Anyone have any ideas? ???

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
Re: Virus Information Yellow on White?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 10:59:25 PM »
Hello and welcome to forums !

Please post a screenshot so we can see exactly what you mean and how it looks like...

But, before you do that, are you using some third party Windows Visual Style (theme) with dark window background and bright letters on it, by any chance ?

Cheers !
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

nightmonkey

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 12:00:47 PM »
I believe this is the problem. Now how to fix it. I haven't a clue. Any suggestions?

nightmonkey

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 12:09:48 PM »
Upon further looking at that jpeg I think I see our problem. The Name and Details columns are missing. How would you go about correcting that?

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 12:14:48 PM »
OK, this...

You're right, I have seen this on a couple of machines already (not sure what's causing it though).

The trick is simple - it turns out that the first couple of columns in the table are in fact "displayed" as zero-width. That is, you need to widen them to see their contents.

Simply use your mouse in the header area (just left of the ITW label) and drag'n'drop it to the right. Do this couple of times, until the Virus Name column is visible.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

nightmonkey

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2005, 12:17:05 PM »
Now why didn't I think of that???  ::) Thanks  :)