Author Topic: win32:trojan-gen{vc} help plz!!!!PLZ!!!!!  (Read 6948 times)

ghost

win32:trojan-gen{vc} help plz!!!!PLZ!!!!!
« on: October 24, 2003, 01:48:57 AM »
I just got this new anti virus software because mine is out of date and haven't bought the new nortan it say i have the new virus win32:trojan-gen{vc} but when  i go to repair or delete or move/rename it sayes unknown path ??? ???

plz reply plzplzplzPLZPLZPLZ!!! :-X ???

I have fix my problem with all my virus thx to the help of these replys and the site trend micro thx for all the help!.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2003, 11:08:04 PM by ghost »

Walker

Re:win32:trojan-gen{vc} help plz!!!!PLZ!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2003, 03:16:02 AM »
I think you will find this topic covered earlier by other members... solution here:-

http://www.avast.com/forum/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=1458;start=0

Good luck

whocares

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2003, 10:28:06 AM »
Hi,

what WIN do you have ?
what path & filename reports avast's scan for the infected file ?

you migth try other scanners, e.g. OnlineScanners by Trend and KAV (see below) to get a more specific name and look that up in the respective databases

;)

ANNE

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2003, 08:59:49 PM »
hi i have that virus too,avast scanned and found the virus.
file name: c:\restore\temp\a0096903.CPY

i tried deleting it but it will not let me, i tried everythin else like repairing it but it wont let me and of course i tried moving it to the chest but it says access is denied???

could someone plz help me i have no idea what to do?
thanx annexx

Offline raman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2003, 09:41:45 PM »
Welcome ANNE!

First of all,  please reply only to one Thread, or just open a new one. It is not so much traffic here, that we are not able to find your posting!:)

To your Problem. It seems that you are using Windows ME and that the file is stored in me´s Systemrestore. You have just to disable the Systemrestore, restart and enable it again. Due to a Windowsbug you maybe have  to update your Windows via www.windowsupdate.com to get the systemrestore enabled again.

disable/enable Systemrestore: http://vil.nai.com/vil/SystemHelpDocs/DisableSysRestore.htm
MfG Ralf

ANNE

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2003, 02:23:42 PM »
hi its anne again,sorry for causing traffic im new to all this!?thanks for replying to my msg but i havent a clue how to disable systemrestore or anything that i have been advised to do?plz help - thanx anne xxx ???

Offline raman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2003, 03:07:54 PM »
First of all, if theTrojan Message only appear to the file you mentioned, than be glad, you are not infected. About the Systemrestore, click on the vil.nai.com Link in my previous posting. On that side it is explained how to disable the Systemrestore.
MfG Ralf