Author Topic: V2016 Release Candidate 3 (2016.11.1.2241)  (Read 17418 times)

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: NEW: V2016 Release Candidate 3 (2016.11.1.2241)
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2015, 07:00:57 PM »
Back to Stable channel. By the way, IE integration is gone from passwords?  :o Only Chrome is shown...

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2015, 07:32:44 PM »
Not really,

we keep beta users on the beta channel. In future we will make it easier to switch between beta and stable version.

Except if you plan on keeping users further more up to date by allowing them to cycles through beta and final versions seamlessly through automatic program updates (basically to receive beta and final builds the same way we get final builds through integrated updater).

Final -> Beta -> Final -> Beta -> Final -> etc

Meaning you receive beta updates automatically through program updates the same way you get final releases. This I'd like.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2015, 07:45:41 PM »
Not really,

we keep beta users on the beta channel. In future we will make it easier to switch between beta and stable version.

BETA or Final, no option to transfer EasyPass lic to avast passwords yet?

no YLAP,

sorry, wait please few more weeks.

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2015, 08:01:16 PM »
sorry, wait please few more weeks.

OK, thanks. I am eager to test one touch login from smartphone as I moved all my passwords to avast for EasyPass manually :)

Offline Pavel Studený

• Avast team
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2015, 01:22:29 PM »
NEW: Passwords - Avast can now manage your passwords and generate strong passwords for you. Just one password to remember.
 - checks your passwords security
 - stores your passwords securely
 - includes browser extensions for easier logging in and form filling
 - generates strong passwords

Question on more details: where and how passwords are saved? Online? I know it is a combination of local and online sync. But I have this question because this new feature seems to be and work slow for me, like it downloads database every time. It should work much faster with local database I think. Easy Pass was much much faster, so the speed of Passwords interface is a bit disappointing.
Thanks for your feedback! Passwords are saved locally. They might be synchronized with your other devices via a server. What exactly do you consider slow? The time to show the Passwords interface? The synchronization time between two devices?

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2015, 02:14:39 PM »
Thanks for your feedback! Passwords are saved locally. They might be synchronized with your other devices via a server. What exactly do you consider slow? The time to show the Passwords interface? The synchronization time between two devices?

The time to show the Passwords interface. Maybe it is my opinion, but all interface seems to be a bit lagging compared to EasyPass. It is only my personal experience, because I still have EasyPass "on-board" until license transfer will be offered. 

Passwords are saved locally gives me this question > maybe you will offer some kind of backup button instead of copying a system folder manually? Or passwords are save online too if local copy is lost or corrupted? EasyPass was saving a copy in avast servers and re-synced them even if local copy is lost.

Offline Pavel Studený

• Avast team
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2015, 03:08:30 PM »
Passwords are saved locally gives me this question > maybe you will offer some kind of backup button instead of copying a system folder manually? Or passwords are save online too if local copy is lost or corrupted? EasyPass was saving a copy in avast servers and re-synced them even if local copy is lost.
Yes, backup is there, if you turn synchronization on. You still need to know your main password, though.

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2015, 03:14:56 PM »
Yes, backup is there, if you turn synchronization on. You still need to know your main password, though.

Great ;)