Author Topic: Licence for IS to replace EPS  (Read 2341 times)

REDACTED

Licence for IS to replace EPS
« on: October 30, 2015, 08:40:50 AM »
When can I expect to receive the three year Avast IS licence to replace my EPS licence?
This is to cover the PCs running Win10 that no longer have AV protection under the three year EPS licence I purchased.
So far I have managed by installing and reinstalling IS on these PCs but my patience is wearing thin.

I was perfectly happy with the product, but the continuing lack of Win10 support and the deafening silence from Product Support are eroding my support for the product.
Avast should remember that respect is earnt by the teaspoon and lost by the bucket load. The years of good reliable products from Avast are being rapidly flushed away. And Avast's competitors must be rubbing their hands in glee.

The rash of side products are a distraction, and running a cloud version - has product development gone insane??
Get your focus back on your core business or one day (soon) you will wake up to find you have joined the ranks of Lotus, WordPerfect and Borland - has been greats who no longer exist.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 09:04:07 AM by a-tech »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Licence for IS to replace EPS
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 03:14:44 PM »
https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB231#idt_500

Have patience, avast is not the only one that has no full Windows 10 support.
Kaspersky, Eset and others have the same thing going on right now.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 08:10:34 AM »
Unfortunately a US freephone number is no good for anyone outside of the usa.

It is time Avast started being proactive about this - it is quite simple, Avast should have automatically issued temporary IS licences to everyone who purchased EPS licences.

Just look at the number of unhappy EPS users in this forum - how many have now moved to other vendors?
It is stupid just stupid with the lack of response.

>:(

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 08:59:24 AM »
It is also stupid to switch vendor because others vendors have the same problem.

As someone from avast mentioned in a other thread, a update is coming soon.
Post is from the last week in October and says update will come next month.

That means the update should be rolled out this month.
Seems to be there is a kinda domino effect.
Consumer product release had a delay which caused in turn a delay to other releases.