Author Topic: Paid for Secureline VPN, now it keeps asking me to sign up again  (Read 1638 times)

REDACTED

Paid for Secureline VPN, now it keeps asking me to sign up again
« on: December 01, 2015, 04:43:37 PM »
I purchased Secureline VPN for my MacBook.  It worked great for about 3 days.  Now when I try to use it the program brings up the "7 day trial" or "Chose your subscription and payment" window.   

I've called the Avast technical support line a couple times.  Not very helpful.  Had to explain to them several times I was on a Mac and not a Windows machine as they kept trying to talk me through windows and instructions that were for Windows and not Mac.  Most of the time was spent telling me if the fault was my computer's that I'd be charged for anything they do, or I can pay something around 170 for full tech support.  The sent me my license code, but there really isn't any place to put code into the software from what I can tell.  They told me to uninstall and reinstall, which I did.  But no change. 

So....big picture...  Paid for the subscription, now it doesn't recognize it and wants me to pay again and the tech support didn't provide much tech or support.

Offline krahulik

• Avast team
Re: Paid for Secureline VPN, now it keeps asking me to sign up again
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 05:25:24 PM »
Hello,
  I'm sorry to hear about that. Could you please generate a support package (Help menu->Avast Technical Support->Generate Support Package) and attach it?

I will try to take a look if that's a technical or license issue.

Generally, calling a support is not much efficient (unfortunatelly). If you create a support request using a formular (i.e. from the app menu), it will endup by the Mac dedicated person.

Best Regards,
  Martin