Author Topic: Update for the 2507 release.  (Read 8733 times)

Offline Jeff.S

• Avast team
Update for the 2507 release.
« on: November 06, 2015, 06:51:04 PM »
Hi Everyone,

See this link for info,
 https://support.business.avast.com/hc/en-us/articles/206518533-Urgent-Update-from-Avast-for-Business-Version-10-3-2507

There is a fix in place for the services stopping with the 2507 release, if you still have issues or see something new, use the Live chat or support option in the portal to submit tickets so we can investigate.

Thanks!

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
Re: Update for the 2507 release.
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 02:50:52 PM »
Thanks Jeff.

Is the inclusion of NG in 10.3.2507, one of the changes from 10.2.2505?
I ask because I have not previously seen either NG or Secure Virtual Machine listed as a component Avast for Business, on any machine, regardless of hardware or OS.
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 03:08:21 PM »
Manual update is not working and neither is the task through the web interface.

Offline Jeff.S

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 03:43:11 PM »
HI,

@vladimyr, From my understanding, the NG service only installs on certain devices ( I will have to check what the conditions are) and these devices should be the only ones affected with the service stopping issue that was caused by the 2507 update.

@Eddy, There was no program version change if this is what are you looking to see. The update that was implemented was "silent". IF you still have devices that are running the 2507 update and still seeing the services stopping, reboot the device and wait about 10 minutes then reboot again. If the issue persist, use the support or live chat option in the portal so we can get a ticket started. Altho I'm not sure if anything will further will be done until the release of the 2508 verison. Last word I had on that was, it shoul dbe ready by Wednesday, but dont hold me to that one :)

Thanks!

Jeff

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 04:01:34 PM »
I will wait till Tuesday so you will have 1 day extra ;D

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 02:24:35 PM »
Thanks Jeff

It would be interesting to know what  the current parameters are and what the likely ongoing requirements will be.
I've had 10.2.205 installed on everything from an Asus Intel i5 m/b with 8GB
RAM running Win 8.1 64-bit down to a Pentium 4 running XP PRO and none of them have claimed to have NG installed, including the Compaq laptop from which the attached shots were taken.

HI,

@vladimyr, From my understanding, the NG service only installs on certain devices ( I will have to check what the conditions are) and these devices should be the only ones affected with the service stopping issue that was caused by the 2507 update.

Thanks!
Jeff
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 02:26:14 PM by Vladimyr »

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 03:24:04 PM »
Nearly forgot. Will the micro-update stop the errant daily out-of-date virus database messages?

Hi Everyone,

See this link for info,
 https://support.business.avast.com/hc/en-us/articles/206518533-Urgent-Update-from-Avast-for-Business-Version-10-3-2507

There is a fix in place for the services stopping with the 2507 release, if you still have issues or see something new, use the Live chat or support option in the portal to submit tickets so we can investigate.

Thanks!

Offline Jeff.S

• Avast team
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2015, 04:52:43 PM »
Hi Guys,

@Eddy, :P thanks for the extra day.

@ Vladimyr, I'm trying to find out the parameters are for the NG service, will update when I have more info. Also, the micro update only addressed the NG service as far as I know.
Are you referring to the program update or virus definition? I know there's an issue with the program update showing out of date in the portal if the device is on 2507 and theportal is looking for 2505.
The 2508 release should solve that one when it's released.

Thanks!

Offline Jeff.S

• Avast team
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2015, 06:14:33 PM »
Hi Guys,

Here's some info I received on the NG service.

AVAST NG
A hardware based virtualization solution capable of running each Windows process in standalone safe virtualized environment (VM) and fully integrated to your desktop. Each process is executed in its own instance of VM, which means totally isolated from your other applications. This feature is now powering the Avast DeepScreen, resulting in better detection. Avast NG requires HW virtualization enabled

So looks like the board needs to support virtualization for the NG service to be isntalled.

Thanks!

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2015, 01:15:01 PM »
Both. But it's this database one I get every day at 18:54 (GMT+11) that I was referring to.

"You have 1 unread notification

Your most recent notification:

The virus database is out of date on [name]"

@ Vladimyr,
Are you referring to the program update or virus definition? I know there's an issue with the program update showing out of date in the portal if the device is on 2507 and the portal is looking for 2505.
The 2508 release should solve that one when it's released.

Thanks!

Offline Jeff.S

• Avast team
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2015, 05:33:52 PM »
Hi Vladimyr,

Are these MAC device or windows PC's? I know MAC devices are reporting incorrectly when you boot up if they don't have the current version it reports they are out of date but should correct it's self after a communication or 2 as far as the portal goes, but it's to late for the notifications since they have been sent already. This is a known issue and hopefully we will see a fix for it soon.
If this is happening with Windows devices, use the support or live chat option in the portal so we can create a ticket and take a closer look.

Thanks!

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2015, 10:19:08 AM »
It would be interesting to know what  the current parameters are and what the likely ongoing requirements will be.
I've had 10.2.205 installed on everything from an Asus Intel i5 m/b with 8GB
RAM running Win 8.1 64-bit down to a Pentium 4 running XP PRO and none of them have claimed to have NG installed, including the Compaq laptop from which the attached shots were taken.

I think what you are looking for is under Avast settings/troubleshooting/Enable hardware assisted virtualization.

I assume this will be ticked by default if the hardware is capable, and unticked (or missing as an option) if not capable.

IMHO The capability is unlikely to be a future system requirement as it would restrict Avast's potential user base (still a lot of Windows 7 Pentiums out there without the capability).

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2015, 02:29:32 PM »
At the moment it's only the one PC I have with 10.3.2507.
I'm pretty sure it happened when another "phantom" program update was deemed to be available when it really didn't exist.

Hi Vladimyr,

Are these MAC device or windows PC's? I know MAC devices are reporting incorrectly when you boot up if they don't have the current version it reports they are out of date but should correct it's self after a communication or 2 as far as the portal goes, but it's to late for the notifications since they have been sent already. This is a known issue and hopefully we will see a fix for it soon.
If this is happening with Windows devices, use the support or live chat option in the portal so we can create a ticket and take a closer look.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 02:31:39 PM by Vladimyr »

Offline Jeff.S

• Avast team
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2015, 03:16:03 PM »
Hi Vladimyr,

Once the 2508 update is released, let us know if the issue persist. Still do not have an ETA on the release as of yet.

Thanks!

Jeff

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2015, 05:15:53 PM »
Hi Jeff

Still happening on the only machine that had 10.3.2507 (now 10.3.2508)

Hi Vladimyr,

Once the 2508 update is released, let us know if the issue persist. Still do not have an ETA on the release as of yet.

Thanks!

Jeff