Author Topic: Refund Issues  (Read 3661 times)

REDACTED

Refund Issues
« on: October 21, 2015, 05:29:40 PM »
On October 11th 2015 I requested a refund from Avast through their email process. Finding the process to get a refund felt like a chore and eventually was frustrated enough I called customer service just to have them walk me through the process.  I received a ticket in regards to the refund but when I went to go check the status of this ticket it tells me the web page does not exist.

I would like for this to be remedied as quickly as possible but calling customer support is like banging your head into a wall because they tell you they do not deal with the software refunds those are handled by people in Europe who you cannot contact other than through submitting ANOTHER TICKET.

More than likely there are a lot of customer who enjoy the product but AVAST there also needs to be concern on the ease of doing returns. The process needs to be easier or the negative feedback / comments will turn customers off to your product.

Also what is the turn around time for a refund? From previous posts I am seeing about a month.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Refund Issues
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 05:43:05 PM »
What was the ticket ID ?

The turn around was about 7-10 working days, but that can depend on your payment method ?

Whatever you do don't - Submit multiple tickets, this can actually slow the process as the tickets are dealt with in a first in first out basis. So for now don't update or submit further tickets - refunds can take up to ten working days to be handled.

If you can post your support ticket ID then I will try to attract some attention to it and this topic.

NOTE: that the support ticket system has been revised and moved to a different server, so it may appear that it can't be found. But it should still be their and avast should be able to access it via the ID number.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 11:51:41 AM »
I need to know how to obtain a refund for a charge that was posted on my pay pal account on Oct. 25 for an automatic renewal of Cleanup.  I was not aware that Avast had entered automatic payments on my account and want it taken off ASAP. The refund was for a computer under my e=mail address and for a computer listed as Louis Mastro.  I also want the auto payment taken off of my computer listed as Bette Mastro and was listed as due on May 17, 2016. It is not a good policy to automatically put auto renewals on purchases without the consent of the purchasers. I remain, ladydowser40@yahoo.com

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 11:58:04 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 02:45:57 PM »
@ ladydowser40
I suggest that you remove your email address from your post.

This is a publicly available forum and it could get harvested by a spam bot.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 02:28:31 PM »
Exactly. You should keep your E-mail and other private info out of public places like this forum.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 06:08:37 AM »
binder,
there is no need to post the same thing multiple times.
Please stay in your own thread.

ladydowser40,
if you didn't saw the auto-renewal option it doesn't mean it was there without the user consent.
The option to disable it was and still is there when ordering.

To disable it:
https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB126