Author Topic: Green AOS Icon disappeared from IE11 browser (resolved)  (Read 1423 times)

Offline vambo010

Green AOS Icon disappeared from IE11 browser (resolved)
« on: November 09, 2015, 05:07:02 AM »
I am running Win7 64 bit with an IE11 browser. The green AOS Icon which sat next to my home page button has disappeared, it was there earlier today but now it's gone. Looking under tools > manage add-ons it shows that the avast! online security add-on is still there and enabled so I assume it is still working but without the Icon how can I check what it is blocking or allowing, and more importantly where did the Icon go? I have had no known program or OS changes or updates today. I did have to reboot my laptop earlier (don't know if this is when it disappeared) and I Have rebooted several times since and also updated the avast! program (ver: 11.1.2241 / this is a trial version and the add-on as installed with the trial) to no avail, still no Icon.  Any help would be appreciated.

Update: Ok never mind, was able to fix the issue by going to the control panel >program >program and features >uninstall a program and right clicking on the Avast Internet Security program then selecting change and then repair. After repair finished and a reboot the Icon is back and the add-on seems to be working now.   (Still don't know why it went away?)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 05:59:50 PM by vambo010 »