Author Topic: GPT Drive infections?  (Read 14473 times)

REDACTED

Re: GPT Drive infections?
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2015, 05:50:38 PM »
Thanks Pondus, didn't know that. Helped out essexboy, so he does his avast work on his phone. Ehh.

REDACTED

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2015, 05:56:22 PM »
Btw, the log includes Windows 8.1, I have upgraded to Windows 10 and deleted the Windows.old folder on the C: Is it legit, it is legit. The bootmgr file is coming in a bit. Btw the bootmgr file is the one that MCShield detects as malware on ESD-ISO

REDACTED

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2015, 06:07:00 PM »
Got the link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/led6krmswvogcej/bootmgr?dl=0
And btw, can a Virus be sent over Dropbox, if so, how can I prevent it?
One thing is making a new account, probably going to make a separate one for my Laptop's necessary files such as my Minecraft texture packs and my work.
Thanks for all your support guys.

REDACTED

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2015, 06:30:23 PM »
Please help, which things steal my login details for games and websites such as Minecraft, I want to play some Minecraft with a bunch of friends tommorow, but I don't know what type of infection steals my details and which software to use to prevent it.

REDACTED

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2015, 06:35:16 PM »
Also, when you use GMER, why is the publisher unknown and have you found a reason why it causes my Blue Screen Of Death with the error
"ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY" Windows 10, thanks but this is the only place where I'm going to post as informed by essexboy. Would really appreciate the answer for the Dropbox infection somewhere above of this reply. I actually think I am paranoid because  of this, and it has affected me in other places such as School or in a Resturant and other public places.  :-[ Sad times.

REDACTED

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2015, 06:36:56 PM »
Can't get into contact with GMER, they don't update or help anymore. Thats why I am asking here, if you don't want me to ask that question here, please tell me a Forum that I can. Thanks!  ;)

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2015, 06:41:42 PM »
Looking at the logs I can see no malware traces... What are your problems/symptoms

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/a0e54d6b2503139355488bc2fd3204a1ecbe228419e8a5ab234efe5be6fc0289/analysis/1447177217/

REDACTED

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2015, 06:44:16 PM »
Last question before I go do some revision, how do I scan the Boot Sector (The only place where infections can hide to survive a re-installation). Recommend any tools that have the ability to scan Boot Sector for infections and how do I scan for Rootkits too as I heard some of them could also survive a re-installation. Thanks for the recommended software (when I receive them)!

REDACTED

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2015, 06:45:14 PM »
Yay, essexboy is on, I have loads of problems.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2015, 06:47:04 PM »
Your GPT looks unaffected so there is nothing hiding there.  What are your symptoms

REDACTED

« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2015, 06:56:03 PM »
Sometimes, my system fails booting.

REDACTED

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2015, 06:57:12 PM »
Can you still recommend the tools to scan the Boot Sector and to scan for Rootkits, and try out GMER and tell me the file name and if it is a unknown file publisher for you and if it causes BSOD.

REDACTED

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2015, 07:06:35 PM »
Ok essexboy, going to perform a full Malwarebytes scan, see you.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2015, 07:26:09 PM »
OK lets run them I do not believe they will find anything ..  You will need to remove kaspersky

Download the latest version of TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop.

• Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application

• Then click on Change parameters.

• Check the boxes beside Verify Driver Digital Signature, Detect TDLFS file system  and Use KSN to scan objects , then click OK.

• Click the Start Scan button.

• If a suspicious object is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.

• If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results and offer three (3) options.
  • Ensure Cure is selected, then click Continue => Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.

• Get the report by selecting Reports

• Note: If Cure is not available, please choose Skip instead, do not choose Delete unless instructed.
Please copy and paste its contents on your next reply.

REDACTED

« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2015, 10:10:05 PM »
Ok thanks, let me do my shower then I'll come to do the TDSSKiller thing. essexboy is the best! I'll reply when the scanning is done.