Author Topic: Software updates  (Read 3639 times)

REDACTED

Software updates
« on: November 13, 2015, 12:31:31 AM »
Why isn't avast for business not supporting software updates. I mean to check if a program has the latest version! It is very useful..!

REDACTED

Re: Software updates
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 12:55:34 AM »
Do you mean whats talked about here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=174003.0
Or something else?  The cloud console does tell you if the clients's AVAST version is out of date.  Could you elaborate more on what you're looking for?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 01:07:23 AM »
A business environment is not the same a private system.
There are a lot of other things involved than just check (and perhaps install) software updates.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 11:10:06 AM »
Do you mean whats talked about here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=174003.0
Or something else?  The cloud console does tell you if the clients's AVAST version is out of date.  Could you elaborate more on what you're looking for?

Yes this what I am talking about to integrate software updater for small businesses like ours, in which we have 4-5PCs...! I wish it had this feature  ::)

Offline Jeff.S

• Avast team
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 06:27:19 PM »
Hi Frank,

The software updater is slated for a Q3 2016 release, this could change but that's the target at this time.

Thanks!

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 05:59:43 PM »
Hi Frank,

The software updater is slated for a Q3 2016 release, this could change but that's the target at this time.

Thanks!

So if I buy it for three years will I be able to update to newer version when this comes out (with software updater)  in near future?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2015, 06:03:44 PM »
Yes.
Q3 2016 is well within 3 years ;)