Author Topic: Red Warning from Avast???  (Read 21088 times)

CoJo

Re:Red Warning from Avast???
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2003, 02:13:59 AM »
yes, Walker, that is the place...

CoJo

techie101

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2003, 02:30:30 AM »
cojo,

Ok, I am familiar with Computer Associates.  They vendor a nice array of software which I have found to be reliable and stable.
I did use their Innoculate PE anti-virus back when.....when it was free. haha

Anyway, you need to run the Internet Wizard within Ez Trust firewall to set your outbound rules.  It is very easy.  If you have difficulty, then I suggest that you contact CAI via phone and have them walk you through the procedure.

If it lets you set something like "ASK' for each outgoing connection, then set it that way so you and the program can 'learn" which programs you want to let access the internet without asking each and every time.

I am not that familiar with the Ez line so being as humble as I am, call CAI. hahaha

Oh by the way, you liked the handsome male voice on the update!
All right....you found me out.

techie  ;D

CoJo

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2003, 02:35:40 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D all right! I found you out!

I actually have it set up! and working 8) 8)
kind of surprised myself :o
but it is doing a good job for me...I'm impressed!

cojo

techie101

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2003, 05:25:55 AM »
cojo,

YOUR impressed!  So am I!  Great job!
Your learning more than you think.

I'll be around.

Take care,
Techie

PS:  a big "K" for you.

Hornus Continuum

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2003, 11:48:08 AM »
techie,

Think I'll start calling you Reverend from now on.

Funny you should say that; I am "ordained,"  not by any "offical" church mind you.  Just for grins and giggles, a friend of mine, Revernd Chuck who did it years ago, also registered me with a web site, and they sent him a certificate for me.  The web site states, according to him at least, that I can now operate a church and perform the duties of an ordained minister, including marry people.  Cojo, anyone here at the forum you feel especially close to?   ;D

Cojo,

I was going to claim credit for the voice, but techie beat me to it.   ;)

Regards,
Hornus
« Last Edit: November 26, 2003, 11:49:53 AM by Hornus Continuum »

CoJo

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2003, 02:43:17 PM »
 ;D I feel close to several of you, Hornus.... ;D 8)
and I prinnted your other advice and I'm studying...so far, so good! thank you for teaching me.

techie, thank you...you have taught me alot also...it's printed out and I study it too.

I printed out so much that I used up my black ink cartidge and had to finish in blue...fortunately for me, all the stores are having sales now getting ready for Christmas so I can get it cheaper and delivered to my front door (with no shipping and handling fees). I have a Lexmark X75 three in one...a very nice unit!

off I go to bake cookies and bourbon balls ;)  maybe there will be some left for Christmas!
cojo

Hornus Continuum

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2003, 03:04:27 PM »
CoJo,

...  I can now operate a church and perform the duties of an ordained minister, including marry people.  Cojo, anyone here at the forum you feel especially close to?

I feel close to several of you, Hornus....

Well, well, well, you're just full of surprises!  I might get away with marrying you to one of us, but I think bigamy would be pushing our luck.   ;)

Regards,
Hornus

CoJo

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2003, 03:27:37 PM »
not here in the south!! ;D ;D
it's a rather common practice :o
cojo

techie101

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2003, 03:18:17 AM »
Quote from: Hornus Continuum
Funny you should say that; I am "ordained,"  not by any "offical" church mind you.  Regards, Hornus[quote

Hornus,
You can be our Reverend.  As long as you made Cojo feel better about herself, then your tops in my book!

techie

CoJo

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2003, 02:17:37 PM »
techie, all of you make me feel better about my learning new things...you all help me in your own different ways.
Each one of you has a unique way of giving guidance and I deeply appreciate everyone of you :)

away from the computer, I am a hellion 8)
2 years as an Army nurse during the Vietnam war toughened up this old bird ;D
computers are my latest challenge ;)

cojo

techie101

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2003, 05:35:09 PM »
cojo,

New challenges keep the mind and body fresh.

Army...in country....You gals were the best.

AF TAC 505 FG...Thuds myself.  You can figure out the code if you are truly one of the fine old birds.  ;D

Take Care,
Happy Thanksgiving to you and to those we left behind.

techie101  :-[

CoJo

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2003, 08:55:09 PM »
brain fog, but Air force  Tactical  Air  Command 505th Fighter Group...Thunderbirds??
been a LONG time...but I will never forget those we left behind. I was a member of the ER Team...emergency response team...flew at a second's notice to where ever was hot...did triage, although it was not called that at the time...we called it death duty--pick the ones who were salvageable for treatment first, if the others were still alive then they received treatment...tough decisions.

Thank you, techie...and hugs for a Thanksgiving of joy and gratitude we made it home.
cojo
was there 1967-1969...how about you?

techie101

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2003, 10:00:19 PM »
cojo,

Not bad....
Actually Thunderchiefs F105s

Until your next question.  ;D

HAPPY HOLIDAY TO ALL ON THE FORUM

techie

CoJo

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2003, 05:15:55 PM »
sorry, techie...I don't like remembering too much abut those days...did I remember anything right?

question...I still need to fix it--I think--about Avast! shutting down first when I log off...should it not be one of the last so my computer is protected?

cojo

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2003, 07:04:28 PM »
hmm it should be last in my opinion. But mabye its the order in which windows closes programs?  ???
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay