Author Topic: How does it work?  (Read 3705 times)

REDACTED

How does it work?
« on: November 15, 2015, 01:22:26 PM »
Hi,

I'm trying the SecureLineVPN these days but it is not really clear how it works.
here few questions:

- The protection is only for the navigation with the browser o all the other softwaers installed in the compueter? If I use a software that connects to internet am I protected?

-I have tried to connect to some website that only allow you to see content based on specific location (e.g. national television) but I can't see the streaming. Living abroad this would be a nice feature for me.

-The protection is only for the computer where Avast is installed? If I connect with other devices to my router via wi-fi am I protected? I tried to connect via wi-fi with my iPad and I still see my IP

thank you.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: How does it work?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 01:32:28 PM »
Please (re)search before posting.
Things like this have already been explained.

https://blog.avast.com/tag/vpn/

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 06:21:13 PM »
Further information:
Avast Secureline FAQ: A simple Google search>https://www.avast.com/en-ca/faq.php?article=AVKB63 :)

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 06:42:37 PM »
Hi Eddy,

thak you for your reply. I did a bit of research but I cannot find any information about some topics:

- For me streaming on national website doesn't work. I still see a message that tells me the streaming it is not available because I am not in that particular country

- For devices connected via wi-fi to my router should I install the secure line vpn on every device? Does allow the licence to do that or it only works for one device?

thank you

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 06:53:58 PM »
It is up to the website if it allows you or not.

Secure Line only works on the device(s) it is installed on.
A license is only valid for one device at a time.
You can buy a license that covers multiple devices.

Things like this can really easy be found on avast's website.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 07:22:19 PM »
It is up to the website if it allows you or not

that means that even if the website see my IP address within the country it does not allow me te see the streaming? that sounds strange...

I had a test with Zapyo for watching videos on Netflix and streaming on web sites and it works but when I try to connect with secure line vpn I cannot see the content

thank you!

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 08:57:14 AM »
Hi,

you should be able to access geo-restricted content by connecting to a server that is located in the country where the content is served from.  SecureLine in general is a really good tool for keep you internet use anonymous and private, from ISPs to hackers or anyone who may try to spy on you.

Cheers,

Davidek