Author Topic: OutLook Express killed by Avast_Green_Monkey (Regist- Key is OK)  (Read 2371 times)

samtton

OutLook Express killed by Avast_Green_Monkey (Regist- Key is OK)
« on: December 07, 2005, 11:57:59 PM »
WELLLL ..... every thing was going smooth like clock work for the last 14 months ... then all of a sudden ....... the Avast pop_up window pops up .... but .... it ain't blue in color no mo .

I am over here flipping my lips trying to figure out WHY may Outlook will not get me mail anymore .  All I can do is scratch me arm_pits .

After digging in may noise for 2 minutes it came to me ..... that pop_up window was green .... that Avast_popup_update_window was green ....not blue .

When it turned green my OUtlook Express died .  So Avast put the Green_Monkey on me ..... hummmmm .  It made seven Registry entries of Zmail_something all at one time . I shut avast down all the way .... but me OUtlook is dead .

So why can't we go back to blue .  Old_blue .  Well .... it ain't gonna help me now unless a tech_engineer has some very good ideas .  Please help me now .
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 02:18:12 AM by samtton »

galooma

Re: OutLook Express killed by Avast_Green_Monkey
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 12:19:17 AM »
Hi and welcome,
 can you check your registration key as they only last 14 months then you must re-register.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 01:48:14 AM »
The colours might have changed but the 14 free Updates for the Home version hasn't, as Cloussau said you need to re-register and you will get another 14 months of free updates.
avast! 4 Home Registration
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

samtton

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 02:04:23 AM »
Thanks Cloussau :

Yes .... the 14 month key is ok ..... I just updated it about a month ago .
I came back to post that I have found out what happen when I stopped flipping
my lips so  much .

It seems the last upgrade or update I had today (Green Window Pop_uP) with Avast kicked  "ZoneAlarm" in the  tusssh .... LOL .   The two had some sort of disagreement over the email so  "ZoneAlarm" switched out of manuel_mode , and
to prevent  Avast from checking the mail before it came in ..... it just decided it was not going to allow Avast to do a clean install of the new version , and have a say so in checking the mail .  

What I did was install "ZoneAlarm" sometime AFTER I installed AVAST . So the Avast went on the system first months ago; then I add "ZoneAlarm" later .  So Avast had
a command position on things . ..... but ...... when Avast did a program update today "ZoneAlarm"  prevented things .

I had to go into "ZoneAlarm" , and turn off the "mail_guard" as it switched to
automatic when Avast  started its updating .

If Avast had done just a "references_update" like it has done before there would have been no problem .... but .... Avast did a "PROGRAM_update" , and that
is went it fell prey to "ZoneAlarm" .

Sorry , but I had to spell these details out for those that will have trouble with
"ZoneAlarm" .  I guess the title of the POST should be changed to reflect this , but
Green_Monkey should do it ..... maybe .  What do you think >??

So the conclusion is this ...... Avast gets alone with everybody .... but ..... ZoneAlarm does not .

galooma

Re: OutLook Express killed by Avast_Green_Monkey (Regist- Key is OK)
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 03:30:39 AM »
History will probably prove you right. ;D  Thanks for the explanation. 8)