Author Topic: Avast Secureline Extremely Slow With Torrents  (Read 30699 times)

Offline irongod

Re: Avast Secureline Extremely Slow With Torrents
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2016, 09:36:14 AM »
I just did a couple of quick tests and the issue might be related to the Secure DNS function (in conjuction with the VPN)... when it is active it blocks the peers! Nevertheless still it seems that the VPN is bottlenecking the download speed to 20kB while switching it off make the download speed up to 200kB almost immediately  ???
You take the tarot cards and throw them to the wind!

REDACTED

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2016, 11:30:58 AM »
Im also having trouble. No matter which server I connect to I cannot get more than 5-6mbit and I have a connection of 30mbit. Without the VPN active I run at full speeds. I was considering this VPN service and am currently on a trial, but this doesn't look too good unfortunately. I really like avast, so im a bit dissapointed to say the least.

Lee.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2016, 07:16:48 PM »
Im also having trouble. No matter which server I connect to I cannot get more than 5-6mbit and I have a connection of 30mbit. Without the VPN active I run at full speeds. I was considering this VPN service and am currently on a trial, but this doesn't look too good unfortunately. I really like avast, so im a bit dissapointed to say the least.

Lee.

Have you submitted a 'support ticket' with appropriate logs in order to help identify the "Real" issue?

REDACTED

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2016, 02:42:55 AM »
I am having the same issue, but before I submit a trouble ticket I was wondering if anyone got a resolution to this? I have tried connecting to all the "data centers" and the best I get is about 20kb/s total.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2016, 12:57:24 PM »
Hi

Please, which torrent app are you using?  Is it uTorrent or another one?

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2016, 03:14:21 PM »
Hi All,

I just posted in another thread that we did find a bug that is causing this, and that is directly due to your feedback.  Sincere apologies for this happening and also for the length of time it took to fix it.

Please try again and post back if the issue persists.

Kind regards,

Davidek

REDACTED

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2016, 06:38:30 PM »
Just bought the SecureLine service and this bug is still full force for me.  I have exactly the same problem mentioned above...

- Have Dell XPS 8700 (12g ram), Win 7
- bought a new hard drive (Seagate)
- reinstalled factory settings from Dell
- installed latest BitLord
---- download test at Pitstop of 15meg/sec
---- ten torrents simultaneously downloading, total of about 1meg/sec
- purchased SecureLine
---- using several different cities, still dropped like a stone to 0 or 1 kps, sometimes leveling off near 20 kps total.
---- yo-yos up and down as I turn off/on Avast SecureLine.

Guess I'll have to open a ticket, but I wanted to add here that the problem isn't gone.

REDACTED

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2018, 09:18:06 PM »
I think Eddy is a Troll he doesnt give any answers at all . Mostly he just replies with a answer that is to his liking lol

REDACTED

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2018, 09:26:49 PM »
In order to get a VPN to work you must port forward the port your using in your router and adjust the settings in your torrent client that you are using. I don't know if Avast is using socks5 or http or socks4 for their proxy ? Also the captcha verification on this forum just sucks completely . I have Leukemia and wear glasses and can't make out the captcha unless I request a new one several times and thats done so that they don't have to get a ton of replies. I would expect that we all pay for Avast that they should make things alot better for people who pay to use their software. I buy all my Avast software and expect it to work. The VPN is ok but not as good as NordVpn. I have paid for both and Nordvpn has instructions on how to connect to torrents and streaming. Why doesn't AVAST have tutorials ?