Author Topic: Avast Secureline Extremely Slow With Torrents  (Read 30662 times)

REDACTED

Re: Avast Secureline Extremely Slow With Torrents
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2015, 04:22:14 PM »
Hey there, first post as well.

I have been using the VPN service during the last year with almost no problems whatsoever. I renewed the subscription approximately a month ago and things have been running smooth. But for a past week, the torrents just get stuck on "connecting to peers" or they download with speed of 1kb/s. I know about peer/seed ratio etc. It has been happening with all of my torrents. If there are some new "laws" or changes you have to comply to, it would be nice to let us, users, know.

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2016, 05:47:54 PM »
Okay I am gonna bump this once more. I cannot connect to peers whatsoever when I want to download a torrent. I tried almost every city there is, but no dice. What should I do?

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2016, 11:05:53 PM »
This is getting serious now. Can't connect to most torrents, When I do, I get speeds of 1-2 kb/s. This has happened after recently renewing my subscription. Very annoying and a waste of money now if not fixed.

PS Avast. Your post verification artwork is almost impossible to read. Took me many goes before I could post.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 11:20:47 PM by richard127gm »

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2016, 07:01:45 PM »
I'm having the same issue. No matter what VPN site/ datacenter i connect to the speeds do not exceed 10KB download. This has only been happening for the last 2 weeks. If i remove avast secureline, i am getting upwards of 3MB download.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 07:08:11 PM by sukophantes »

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2016, 12:09:16 AM »
Okay I am gonna bump this once more. I cannot connect to peers whatsoever when I want to download a torrent. I tried almost every city there is, but no dice. What should I do?

You could submit a 'support ticket' and explain in detail as I don't see much assistance coming here at this point. The connection issue is apparent and no fix that I'm aware of.

Contact Avast support:
 http://support.avast.com > Scroll down and Submit a Support Ticket

REDACTED

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2016, 12:43:55 PM »
My VPN seems to be back to normal at the moment. Don't know what anyone else is experiencing. Didn't change anything; it just started working again.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2016, 03:27:55 PM »
Please connect to our NYC, Miami, Seattle, Prague, Amsterdam, and Frankfurt locations. 

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2016, 07:11:42 PM »
I'm having the same issue. No matter what VPN site/ datacenter i connect to the speeds do not exceed 10KB download. This has only been happening for the last 2 weeks. If i remove avast secureline, i am getting upwards of 3MB download.

Davidek Quote:"Please connect to our NYC, Miami, Seattle, Prague, Amsterdam, and Frankfurt locations".

Have you tried the direction by Davidek?
Any different/better?

Offline irongod

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2016, 09:47:37 PM »
Simple test with Prague server: dummy file with about 2000 seed declared, without Secureline on it downloads @2xx KiB/s , activating Secureline speed drops to 0,5-2 KiB/s, disconnecting Secureline speed boosts again to 2xx KiB/s. Repeated the sequence 3 times always the same result (numberof connected peers remains the same about 40-50 but the download speed drops to zero with Secureline activated).  ???

PS: I set always the torrent encryption as required.
You take the tarot cards and throw them to the wind!

REDACTED

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2016, 03:53:42 AM »
Same thing happened to me...although I just paid for secure line after the trial and now my speeds down around 1-5kB/s....they were topping 3-4 MB/s.

glad I didn't pay for a year!

Offline anarkii

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2016, 09:06:53 AM »
Hi David,

Just curious, do you know if the Melbourne Australia VPN service is currently blocking access to some certain kickass torrent sites?
I ask because 2-3 days ago I was able to connect to them normally, however now, I get a SPDY error in Chrome. When I disconnect and try, it works perfectly.
If you can shed any light on the matter, it would be great.

Best regards,

Chris

REDACTED

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2016, 02:58:11 AM »
Anyone got an update on this? Anybody getting better connections or found a solution?

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2016, 05:31:35 AM »
Anyone got an update on this? Anybody getting better connections or found a solution?

Have you submitted a Support Ticket and supplied Secureline logs?

REDACTED

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2016, 06:49:34 PM »
How do I open a support ticket (typing question on support page just takes me to forum) and find secureline logs? Thanks for help.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2016, 07:24:13 PM »
How do I open a support ticket (typing question on support page just takes me to forum) and find secureline logs? Thanks for help.

Contact Avast support:
 http://support.avast.com > Scroll down and Submit a Support Ticket

Secureline Logs>>>>Reply #12 in this Topic