Author Topic: avast stealing from paypal  (Read 2046 times)

REDACTED

avast stealing from paypal
« on: November 19, 2015, 06:05:23 AM »
Avast stole $39.99 without asking me, from paypal. What kind of super memory game do I have to play to get avast to get out of my life forever and stop stealing from me without any notification? Do I need some 20 digit ID number that was inside the tiny print of one of those "please click if you have read the rules" boxes no one reads?
 Have you people ever even considered getting an honest job? You ought to try it, you have to work harder but you can sleep knowing you haven't "earned" your money screwing people.

I'm very upset. Someone needs to stop you people.
Now I have to spend hours begging paypal to force you to give my money back! That means I have to play all their silly games to get something done!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: avast stealing from paypal
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 06:09:29 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: avast stealing from paypal
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 11:19:20 AM »
partsproduction,

avast didn't steel anything from you, it just did as you agreed to.

When purchasing a license you agreed to auto-renewal.
You could have chosen not to by simply removing the checkmark in front of it.
You also could have disabled it anytime you wanted, but you didn't.
Since you didn't disabled it, the automatic renewal will take place.

Several mails (3 iirc) where also send to you before the auto-renewal took place.
That gave you another chance to disable it, but you didn't.

A landlord will keep billing you if you don't tell him that you have moved out. ;)