Author Topic: USE OF OUTLOOK FILTERING AND AVAST PROTECTION  (Read 1980 times)

REDACTED

USE OF OUTLOOK FILTERING AND AVAST PROTECTION
« on: November 18, 2015, 12:38:40 AM »
Anyone knows how to keep outlook incoming email filter settings while having avast email scanning active? Everytime I quit from Outlook and restart the program settings move to no automatic filtering. The only way to keep OL settings is deactivating Avast. Any Ideas?
Thanks

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: USE OF OUTLOOK FILTERING AND AVAST PROTECTION
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 01:11:56 AM »
Not entirely sure what it is you are trying to achieve or what part of avast you are deactivating ?

MS Outlook will have an avast plugin, that is what scans incoming and outgoing email from within MS Outlook.

If you don't enable the avast MS Outlook plugin then the Mail Shield would scan email but it wouldn't have the same spam filtering of the plugin within Outlook.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 12:53:39 AM »
What I'm trying to achieve is filtering spam email with Outlook (set in high) and scanning for viruses using Avast. The issue is that when I choose high filtering mode in Outlook, while having Avast active (full mode), and then I quit Outlook and go back again, the setting turns into a no filtering mode in Outlook by it self. I know it has to do with Avast plug in. But I want both features working at the same time. Does it clarify anything?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 01:12:00 AM »
What Outlook version ?
What exact avast version ?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 01:23:50 AM »
As far as I'm aware the avast plugin and any Outlook filtering should work together. That was I guess the point of having the plugin for Outlook, so it works within the email client and not from the outside as in the Mail Shield.

Unfortunately I don't use MS Outlook, so I can't really test.

Have you tried disabling the avast plugin for Outlook ?
Then it would only be the Mail Shield, because that would be working from outside Outlook and may be redirecting mail through its proxy to scan it.

If the problem still occurs, then the most likely cause is the Mail Shield, try disabling that and enable the avast Outlook plugin and test again.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security