Author Topic: 10.3.2508  (Read 33193 times)

REDACTED

Re: 10.3.2508
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2015, 12:23:06 PM »
@WALLONN7
If you mean WebShield, double check you have the latest Network Interface drivers available for your system.  My problems were fixed by that, and if the problem happens for Vista it's probably the drivers you have currently are a bit old.

Thanks, but...
I'm obsessed with keeping everything up to date!! So we're not talking about an outdated system.  ;)

Additional information:

* wired connection =     Realtek chipset  = 10613 driver          => webshield on = connected but pages won't load;
* wireless connection = Linksys AE2500 = 5.100.243.6 driver => webshield on = connected but pages won't load.
* note: they do not work at the same time. One of them is always disabled.

One more ridiculous behavior: it does not even update itself with webshield on!!!  :o

REDACTED

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2015, 05:50:57 PM »
I'm not really able to contribute, but reading this thread it seems Error code 0xc0000005 has common product:  Office 365.  Nobody seems to have reported Office desktop (full version) as a problem?

I wonder has anyone tried some exclusions on the Office binaries, or turning off individual Avast features to see if there is a behavioral change?  Leaving an Avast feature off might be better than completely removing it until the real cause is determined.  Office 365 uses a lot of internet, maybe the Avast Web filter is playing havoc.

I have tried disabling/removing/excluding every avast option I can possibly think of and the ONLY fix thus far to get office to launch without the error is to remove avast completely. Office 365 account using the 2013 desktop suite.

Windows updates/ALL computer drivers/etc.. are all up to date also.

REDACTED

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2015, 03:56:31 AM »
On my two test machines, I've upgraded them to 2508.  Both running Windows 10 Pro.  Both get an error during restart:

taskhostw.exe
Exception unknown exception (0xc000008) software exception...

The only option is to close the program.  A few times the machine then sits at "Restarting..." and never does.  Most times it then restarts normally.

I have the exact same issue on a windows 10 Pro machine, on shutdown the error, and one without the error, the machine just sat there "restarting"

Also having this same issue.  Just updated one of my PC's from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and started receiving this same ERROR after installed Avast Business.  Where do we stand on this?

Offline Jeff.S

• Avast team
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2015, 07:49:18 PM »
Hi Guys,

Just an update, It looks the issues have been identified and we are working on a fix for the office issue and hope to have it out ASAP ( we are shooting for this week but don't hunt me down if it doesn't happen :)
Also, is anyone seeing the ofice issues on a non 64bit device?

The taskhostw error probably won't see a fix until the first of the year, will post more info as it becomes available.

Thanks!

REDACTED

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2015, 08:17:41 PM »
Hi Guys,

Just an update, It looks the issues have been identified and we are working on a fix for the office issue and hope to have it out ASAP ( we are shooting for this week but don't hunt me down if it doesn't happen :)
Also, is anyone seeing the ofice issues on a non 64bit device?

The taskhostw error probably won't see a fix until the first of the year, will post more info as it becomes available.

Thanks!

Fine... But how about what I'd reported?!...

@WALLONN7
If you mean WebShield, double check you have the latest Network Interface drivers available for your system.  My problems were fixed by that, and if the problem happens for Vista it's probably the drivers you have currently are a bit old.

Thanks, but...
I'm obsessed with keeping everything up to date!! So we're not talking about an outdated system.  ;)

Additional information:

* wired connection =     Realtek chipset  = 10613 driver          => webshield on = connected but pages won't load;
* wireless connection = Linksys AE2500 = 5.100.243.6 driver => webshield on = connected but pages won't load.
* note: they do not work at the same time. One of them is always disabled.

One more ridiculous behavior: it does not even update itself with webshield on!!!  :o

REDACTED

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2015, 10:54:51 PM »
Just throwing this in here...

taskhostw.exe

I get this on shutdown on every Windows 10 system (all x64), regardless of whether Office is installed or not. These systems are fresh installs of Windows 10 (with Nov Update), then updated.

REDACTED

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2015, 01:12:13 PM »
First of all: Thanks a lot, GFM, for all your help!!!  ;D 
You're welcome, I will help where I can, I'm only sorry that forums isn't the speediest way to do things  :-[

1º - made an Windows Vista backup image;
2º - install Windows 7 in the same machine, update it: tried both 10.2.2505 and 10.3.2508... NO problem!!! Web was mine!!!   :D
3º - use Vista image to restore;
4º - 10.3.2508... lost web again...  :-X
5º - 10.2.2505... surprise: Webshield ON and web was mine again!!!  :D
Would you be willing to try a fresh Vista install for testing, with no 3rd-party driver installs?  Really all you've shown here is that your Vista backup image doesn't work with the newest Avast.  Also the make/model of machine could be of use. 

Who's the bad guy?!...  ::)
Inconclusive; you haven't changed my mind yet that old drivers or old 3rd party applications aren't to blame :)  Yes, its easy to blame Avast versions, but it could be something else on your machine image that is badly behaved and conflicting, and fixing that resolves the root cause.  My experience as I documented in my other forum post is evidence of that.

May we ask, are you using Vista for a particular reason?  Your other machines are Windows 7 or better.  Seems like an odd one out, and Vista is.... well.... notoriously "difficult".

I've always been satisfied with Windows Vista since the first time I had contact with this operating system. I never had the problems that many shouted over the years. For the rest, if I paid for it, it is expected that I make use of the product, is not it ?!

Fine, I'll do a fresh install ( just an up to date Vista, nothing else )... but I must say: results won't change. Why?! Simple:
Conclusion: 10.3.2508 + Vista =  :'(
                 10.2.2505 + Vista =  ;D

I'll be back as soon as possible!!!

And... As I said earlier: results did not change...

Something between 10.2.2505 and 10.3.2508 has changed and "create" the problem...

REDACTED

« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2015, 07:11:15 PM »
Just throwing this in here...

taskhostw.exe

I get this on shutdown on every Windows 10 system (all x64), regardless of whether Office is installed or not. These systems are fresh installs of Windows 10 (with Nov Update), then updated.

I have the same problem

Offline Jeff.S

• Avast team
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2015, 05:45:18 PM »
Hi Everyone,

The taskhostw issue has been identified but I think we are looking at a January release to get the fix implemented. I will update if more info is available.

Thanks!

REDACTED

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2015, 04:07:51 PM »
Hi Everyone,

The taskhostw issue has been identified but I think we are looking at a January release to get the fix implemented. I will update if more info is available.

Thanks!

Hi Jeff, any news on the release date of this fix?

REDACTED

« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2015, 07:26:57 PM »
Getting an issue where on my Windows 7 SP1 64-bit machines chkdsk (autochk) stopped working, it gives an error where it notifies you that recently installed software prevents you from checking the disk. Uninstalling avast restores my ability to use check disk.

Exact error : Autochk cannot run due to an error caused by a recently installed software package.

REDACTED

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2016, 11:24:56 AM »
whats going on? still waiting for the fix  :-[

REDACTED

« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2016, 07:09:18 PM »
I am having the same problem when I turn some (not all) of my computers off.

Is there any update on this, or has anyone figured a solution (even if temp)

Thanks

REDACTED

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2016, 01:09:33 PM »
Hi Jeff, we have a large number of PCs now with this taskhostw.exe error on shutdown. Any idea when the fix might be released?

Hi Everyone,

Thanks!

REDACTED

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2016, 01:43:59 PM »
I chatted with a support agent called Jeff this morning who said the following regarding when the fix is due out:

"Jeff: HI, the last word we had was this month if there's no issues with the fix found."
"Jeff: I had an email this morning that said they are gettin ready to release it, but didn't have an exact date, it may happen today."

So the fix is imminent, depending on them not spotting any other bugs. Not sure I'd put much faith in 'today' as software release dates slip all the time, but still, it should be pretty soon now.