Author Topic: 10.3.2508  (Read 33326 times)

REDACTED

Re: 10.3.2508
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2016, 03:59:16 AM »
Getting an issue where on my Windows 7 SP1 64-bit machines chkdsk (autochk) stopped working, it gives an error where it notifies you that recently installed software prevents you from checking the disk. Uninstalling avast restores my ability to use check disk.

Exact error : Autochk cannot run due to an error caused by a recently installed software package.

I came across chkntfs the other day (didn't know it existed).  Apparently people have used it for Windows having this problem and not necessarily tied to Avast.  I think they boot into a recovery environment command prompt and run the tool, reboot and then run a chkdsk /f normally to verify the filesystem is clean.  Take a look and see if it helps you.  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/160963 

I can't tell you why it might only be happening every time you install Avast though, sorry.

REDACTED

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2016, 12:20:23 PM »
I chatted with a support agent called Jeff this morning who said the following regarding when the fix is due out:

"Jeff: HI, the last word we had was this month if there's no issues with the fix found."
"Jeff: I had an email this morning that said they are gettin ready to release it, but didn't have an exact date, it may happen today."

So the fix is imminent, depending on them not spotting any other bugs. Not sure I'd put much faith in 'today' as software release dates slip all the time, but still, it should be pretty soon now.

So, another week passed and there's still no update. Hope they fix this soon because it gets quiet annoying!

REDACTED

« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2016, 09:47:54 AM »
10.4.2509 has been released  ;)