Author Topic: Epson Status Monitor  (Read 1712 times)

REDACTED

Epson Status Monitor
« on: November 20, 2015, 06:18:29 PM »
The Avast Anti Virus version 10.3.2225 or something like that is interfering randomly with epson printing.
It doesn't happens everytime, and not even everyday. It doesn't advise when and how it's interfering, but when it is, I have to cancel the current print job, disable the anti-virus and print again. If the antivirus is interfering the printer is going to print just about a third of a page at a time, but will print normally once the Avast antivirus is paused in its own menu.

The printer is an Epson TX300F, it's USB connected to a PC and it's network shared with other computers. The system is Windows.
Anyone having similar issues with Epson-Avast interaction?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Epson Status Monitor
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 06:25:27 PM »
Update to the latest avast version and see if the problem is solved or not.

REDACTED

Re: Epson Status Monitor
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 08:06:03 PM »
The Avast Anti Virus version 10.3.2225 or something like that is interfering randomly with epson printing.
It doesn't happens everytime, and not even everyday. It doesn't advise when and how it's interfering, but when it is, I have to cancel the current print job, disable the anti-virus and print again. If the antivirus is interfering the printer is going to print just about a third of a page at a time, but will print normally once the Avast antivirus is paused in its own menu.

The printer is an Epson TX300F, it's USB connected to a PC and it's network shared with other computers. The system is Windows.
Anyone having similar issues with Epson-Avast interaction?

I had problems with Avast causing problems with the Epson Status Monitor.  I don't have the Epson printer any longer though.