Author Topic: Two step verification when logging in to my Avast account  (Read 4173 times)

REDACTED

Two step verification when logging in to my Avast account
« on: November 23, 2015, 10:13:55 PM »
I wonder if there is a possibility to use an extra safety layer when logging in to my Avast Account. Is it possible to use “two step verification” similar to what already exist for Google, Facebook and Hotmail accounts?

I think this extra safety layer should be very important especially when having Avast Anti-Theft installed on mobile devices and when these mobile devices are connected to my Avast Account. An unauthorized intruder (hacker) on my Avast account is not nice to have. For example this intruder could use the “Contact Device” Call function and make my phone to call his/hers phone and bug/listen to what is being said near my phone without me knowing about it. (This “Call” feature is also possible to use via the app installed on a phone, via a SMS. But not so critical to have “two step verification” in this situation since a thief must not only have the PIN required sending the Call SMS but also physical access to a particular phone (“Friends phone”) which I have allowed to remotely control my phone via SMS.)

« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 10:26:11 PM by cyberxxx »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Two step verification when logging in to my Avast account
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 01:35:30 AM »
+1
The best things in life are free.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 05:28:15 PM »
Lisandro, what do you mean with your answer "+1"? Thanks in advance.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 06:21:29 PM »
Basically it means he agrees with your suggestion, another vote for it.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 01:04:34 AM »
Basically it means he agrees with your suggestion, another vote for it.
+1 :)
But, like in everything else, I'm just "an old Avast" user that wishes the same as you, and as David :)
The best things in life are free.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2015, 09:02:19 PM »
OK, thanks for reply David and Lisandro. And thanks for your support of this opinion :) Hope Avast listen to us and soon implement a Two Step Verification feature. Without this feature (as present), major safety and privacy issues could occur which a "IS/IT safety company" as Avast should be very interested in to prevent.