Author Topic: Blue Screen of Death after installing new version of Avast Free  (Read 2319 times)

REDACTED

Blue Screen of Death after installing new version of Avast Free
« on: November 27, 2015, 08:49:50 AM »
Yesterday i installed the new version of Avast Free witch resulted in a Bleu Screen of Death after rebooting.
Tested it again after a restore. Same problem. I don't know the exact version that i was working with, but i always accept the latest version on the PC when Avast's ask's for it.
After 4 years of using avast i now (temporary) uninstalled avast Free, and had no problems any more.
Anyone else these problems. I don't have this problem on other PC's.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 09:10:55 AM by j.de.kruyf »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

Re: Blue Screen of Death after installing new version of Avast Free
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 08:47:31 AM »
I have the exact same issue except I have Avast Internet Security. Had to uninstall it altogether and have installed another firewall for protection. Am upset as hell that I can't have the latest Avast Update. I get to the password phase of Windows 7 before I get the Blue Screen of Death. Could not even restore to a point on the same day. Had to use an older restore point,

REDACTED

Re: Blue Screen of Death after installing new version of Avast Free
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 12:06:07 PM »
Same here and once again, like exactly one year before, it is due to hardware assisted virtualization option.

Once again I had to disable the virtualization option in the BIOS, then restart the system, disable hardware assisted virt. at trouble shooting in avast, restart, then can enable virt. stuff in the BIOS again (I need to run VMs).

Same procedure as last year, Miss Sophie? ...