Author Topic: I am finished with avast PRO  (Read 19520 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: I am finished with avast PRO
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2005, 09:46:42 PM »
ReVaN, I haven't see you had trouble too...
Sorry Tech but i didn't understand that could you rephraze please?... thanks
I mean that if I knew you had a trouble I would tryed to help but, as far I remember, I didn't know you have a trouble so I was not able to help you in anyway. Can you post a link to the thread you've posted your problem for the first time?
The best things in life are free.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2005, 09:49:12 PM »
I agree with that Tech and i really hope alwil improve, especially the virus submittal should be a priority to alwil. And also like Igor said the script blocker should be removed from the program if it's obsolete.
This is a surprise for me... Why does Igor is saying so? Vlk, can you help us here?
Detection needs improvement, no doubt, but every antivirus works on having better detection.
But, as far I remember, Alwil promissed good news for us and we're waiting...

So please, WORK ON DETECTION!!!!
No need to Caps, no need to blame in my opinion. We're trying to make avast better but we're not fighting with Alwil team.

justin1278

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2005, 10:29:03 PM »
Like everyone should know no single program can detect everything, that is what online scanners are for to confirm your system is clean. I have been using avast for the past year and I have had no problems it has detected almost all viruses and the virus it did not detect i sent in and it was added to detection so avast has good detection. If it didn't i would not be using it even though it is free.

Zagor

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2005, 10:35:10 PM »
 :)
Tech,
It was not my intention to Caps my speech because I wanted to blame Alwin team for not having good detection rates, but rather to make a cheer...

Look:
GO ALWIL TEAM GO,   GO A-L-W-I-L TEEEEEAM GO!!!!!
See, cheer.... ;)

Now realy, I now what programers are put trough, cause I'm engaged in the similar work branche. All they hear about is complaint about their program and how it's not  working, etc. I bet they sometimes feel like
"Here's you damn program, do programing by youreself, I'm out of here!!"
So from now on I won't report just bugs and troubleshooting! Every detection will be posted here..
Concerning avast, I realy think that it has a future as one of the best AV ever...

Hope I explained myself.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2005, 12:32:36 AM »
GO ALWIL TEAM GO,   GO A-L-W-I-L TEEEEEAM GO!!!!!
Now, my turn:
GO ALWIL TEAM GO,   GO A-L-W-I-L TEEEEEAM GO!!!!!  ;)

darth.mikey

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2005, 12:35:12 AM »
I mean that if I knew you had a trouble I would tryed to help but, as far I remember, I didn't know you have a trouble so I was not able to help you in anyway. Can you post a link to the thread you've posted your problem for the first time?

Here are a couple links Tech BTW you'll find your posts in that topics too hihi    ;)

Here is me and Sasha complaining about long boot times http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=16882.0

Here Igor is explaining how script blocker works(apparently web shield is enough) http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=16939.0

and another one where i was complaining about script blocker not working with mozilla suite(again Igor answers and explains a little about script blocker) http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=12640.msg128996#msg128996

I was also having issues with script blocker count staying on 0 when i was browsing in IE but i just turned it off after Igor said that web shield is enough(besides i mainly use Firefox).

Here is people complaining about virus submittal and detection(me included) i believe you started that thread.
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=15303.0

Cheers

Mikey

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2005, 01:00:21 AM »
Here are a couple links Tech BTW you'll find your posts in that topics too hihi    ;)
Hey, you've complained a lot  ;D  ;D
Now, serious, I think you shoud ressurrect the threads you still need help or start another. Since them, new versions come, you've changed some components of your computer, we grow up  ;)
So, things could be different. The only thing you'll see is ALWAYS the same here is our friendship and the fact your managing the best antivirus round at the best forum round  8) :)

..::ReVaN::..

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2005, 01:26:50 AM »
Hey, you've complained a lot   ;D   ;D

Yes i did didn't i hihi  ;D

Now, serious, I think you shoud ressurrect the threads you still need help or start another. Since them, new versions come, you've changed some components of your computer, we grow up ;)

I don't know Tech i'm very happy with Nod32 currently and i won't uninstall it but like i said i still use avast home(best free av no doubt about it ;) ) on my other pc's and i put it on all of my friends pc's(usually replacing that Norton hog ;) )

So, things could be different. The only thing you'll see is ALWAYS the same here is our friendship and the fact your managing the best antivirus round at the best forum round 8) :)

IMHO Nod is the best paid AV around(only slightly ahead of avast ;) ) but avast home is unbeatable in the free sgment that's for sure!There are other options ofcourse but these two are my personal favorites.Now what you said about avast forum being the best around that is 100% true for sure!I've left this forum and i was trying to find an alternative but then i came to realize that avast forum is only one.....

Cheers

Zagor

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2005, 01:39:48 AM »
[The only thing you'll see is ALWAYS the same here is our friendship and the fact your managing the best antivirus round at the best forum round  8) :)
Although I'm new to this forum, I think you're on to something... ;D

My friend Sasha told me that this forum has good poeple aboard.
Begining to understand what he's saying.. ;)

Cheers, Zagor

crofty59

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2005, 01:51:14 AM »
Thanks to everyone for your help very much appreciated :)

I'd say it must be some kind of conflict with other scripting tools...

Anyway, as I explained in the other thread, Script Blocker is rather an obsolete feature. If it were for me, I'd start thinking about removing it completely from avast... or maybe making it an optional (= not installed by default) part of any avast edition, don't know.

Hi igor
I lost script blocker even when I was using only Avast.
 I have only Microsoft Antispyware now installed with a script blocker.

Any way I will use Avast free edition with Microsoft Antispyware for now.
(Besides even if I wanted to go back to Pro version I am unable to cause it will not except my licence key, only trial version expires 7 DEC 2005)

Until I change after the new year.
Thinking of using NOD32 have seen some great reviews.

Let me say the avast forum is the best forum going and that is why I have hung around.

Cheers
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 01:55:13 AM by crofty59 »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2005, 02:51:01 AM »
I really hope Alwil team can solve this mess...

I lost script blocker even when I was using only Avast. I have only Microsoft Antispyware now installed with a script blocker.
Any way I will use Avast free edition with Microsoft Antispyware for now.
(Besides even if I wanted to go back to Pro version I am unable to cause it will not except my licence key, only trial version expires 7 DEC 2005)
Crofty... I feel so sorry about this. I use Pro version and Microsoft Antispyware (not resident). I had some trouble with the MSA being eating resources and I decided to use it only on-demand. I had Script Blocker problems... stopped... really not working. I've started a thread about that, just change some things and worked again. Not sure. In other computer, uninstalling avast and installing it again worked fine.

Now what you said about avast forum being the best around that is 100% true for sure!I've left this forum and i was trying to find an alternative but then i came to realize that avast forum is only one.....
Yeah... you can try, you won't find  8)

Offline Dwarden

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Ideas, that's ocean without borders!
    • Bohemia Interactive
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2005, 02:53:26 AM »
over 7 months ago i shared with Vlk and some other from Alwil idea i later described (much simpler) here

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=14495.msg122494#msg122494

i'm still waiting for this system OR something similar / better ...

hell ... they can use actual online scanner + some addition and changes ...
https://twitter.com/FoltynD , Tech. Community, Online Services & Distribution manager of Bohemia Interactive

crofty59

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2005, 05:16:43 AM »
Hi again.

Thanks Tech for your comments very much appreciated.
And once again to all who have helped me.

Avast Forum is the best on the Web in my humble opinion

Cheers

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2005, 01:18:10 PM »
Crofty, did you try once, unininstalling avast > boot > run avast Uninstall tool > boot > install avast again ?
It worked for me with Microsoft Antispyware active.

crofty59

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2005, 04:37:20 AM »
Crofty, did you try once, unininstalling avast > boot > run avast Uninstall tool > boot > install avast again ?
It worked for me with Microsoft Antispyware active.

Hi again Tech

I did get the Script Blocker working in Avast, by uninstalling : reboot then reinstall Avast :reboot again.
But how long it would worked to have to do as above I don't know.

Even if I wanted to use the pro version ( which I don't with the hassles ).
The pro version will not accept my license key and all I get is the trial version, expires 17 Dec 2005.
Even so I still have over six months on my subscription.

I will stick with Avast Home edition for now.

Cheers Crofty