Author Topic: Hubtaskhost.exe  (Read 6812 times)

REDACTED

Hubtaskhost.exe
« on: October 14, 2015, 03:47:11 PM »
I keep getting a result on my scheduled scan with multiple lines of this. It says its a hidden process and its a rootkit. the location of the process is C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_17.6209.23751.0_x64_8wekyb3d8bbwe/HubTaskHost.exe. When i try to have it moved to the chest or deleted, it gives me an error saying its unsupported(50).

Not sure what to do from here... Anyone have some advice?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Hubtaskhost.exe
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 03:51:13 PM »

REDACTED

Re: Hubtaskhost.exe
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 01:35:12 AM »
I keep getting a result on my scheduled scan with multiple lines of this. It says its a hidden process and its a rootkit. the location of the process is C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_17.6209.23751.0_x64_8wekyb3d8bbwe/HubTaskHost.exe. When i try to have it moved to the chest or deleted, it gives me an error saying its unsupported(50).

Not sure what to do from here... Anyone have some advice?
You have a few problems... First and foremost, HubTaskHost.exe is not a rootkit.  Second, your AV is reporting false positives of not only Windows system files, but system files digitally signed by Microsoft's PCA. 

If you have removed the file, you're going to need to repair the damage by issuing the following two commands from an admin command prompt, rebooting after each completes

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow