Author Topic: can't update address.  (Read 1707 times)

REDACTED

can't update address.
« on: November 29, 2015, 02:19:34 PM »
I  have  moved  and want  to update   my  new mailing address  but  when  I  try it  keeps saying  my email address  is not a valid format.  how can I access  the change  if  your program is  refusing to  accept my correct email address?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: can't update address.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 03:07:10 PM »
Where and how exactly are you trying to change your email address?

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 03:37:40 PM »
The only place  I can  find to change  is  via a  link  from the billing notice.    but  when  I  go to  the  step  where  it asks for  email  address  it  keeps saying email  is not in correct format.  But  it is  typed  in  the correct format  so  the issue  is with the  link page .  I searched the Account  page  but there  is no  link  for making  updates    just links  to  add services.  No  way  to contact anyone on  line.  just  phone but with poor hearing trying to  fumble  with non native English  speakers  mumbling  that  is useless

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 03:41:41 PM »
Phone support is not for things like changing a email address, it is for technical support.

You can contact avast online through the ticket system.

Where exactly are you trying to change it ? (url)

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 04:11:30 PM »
I called  and sort  of  got  it fixed  but  the tech.  spelled the  street name wrong.  Well  if  my   pay account refuses to  pay  I'll  just find another service that  is easier to deal with and does not   have technical issues that cannot be corrected.  There  is no excuse for their  page to  not be able to recognize a CORRECT email format.  Simple things  like that  reflect  in  the overall  ability  of the company  to actually  provide what they say they are providing.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 04:27:37 PM »
Nexway and Digital River are not avast.
That phone number is not avast

avast is providing what they are saying.

Next time if you are asking for help, provide details and answer the question(s).