Author Topic: Auto Reboot Functionality  (Read 2289 times)

Offline catman2112

Auto Reboot Functionality
« on: December 22, 2015, 11:44:21 PM »
I would like to THANK you for your ridiculous setup of your "Needs to reboot" screen....you offer the suggestions to reboot after a certain period of time, but clearly your software does NOT know how to actually FOLLOW that protocol.  I had my definitions update this morning, and it said I needed to reboot my computer.  I clicked the drop down on the "remind me button" and chose "24 hours" - so, as far as I know, that means it will wait until TOMORROW to reboot.   Alas, no.....a mere 2 hours later, your stupid updater popped up RIGHT in the middle of a presentation in front of 52 clients in a time sensitive meeting (we only had 60 minutes for the room, and we were about 45 minutes into the meeting)...and guess when it popped up? Right as I was about to hit the space bar on my presentation.  You know what hitting the space bar does on the last open window??? IT SELECTS THE DEFAULT ACTION  - WHICH IN THIS CASE  - WAS TO REBOOT MY MACHINE.

I'm sorry, have you suddenly turned into Microsoft?  Do you think you know how to run my machine better than I do? I chose your product years ago because of the following: Fast speeds, minimal bloatware, and the ability to choose when I update the software.  You are failing on ALL THREE fronts now, and my 6 subscriptions are coming up in a couple months.  STOP trying to become McAfee or Norton  - the WHOLE reason why people choose you is because you AREN'T THEM..the closer you get to being these two overbloated crappy AV software, the more people will run to Trendmicro or other quality AV software.

In case you hadn't notice, I am pissed.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Auto Reboot Functionality
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 03:28:52 AM »
That is definitely an unfortunate and frustrating situation.
If you choose you could contact Avast and lay out your case and situation to them.

Contact Avast support: 
http://support.avast.com >  Scroll down, Submit a Support Ticket

Offline catman2112

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 05:20:05 PM »
Submitted....  This was pretty disconcerting...

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 05:46:00 PM »
I had my definitions update this morning, and it said I needed to reboot my computer
A VPS update does not require nor ask you for a reboot. Only a program update does.

Offline catman2112

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 05:37:31 PM »
Doesn't matter...the issue was they have an option to delay the reboot for a specified amount of time...and it does NOT work like that at all...

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 05:42:58 PM »
It sure does matter.
If you say a VPS update needed a reboot while it was a program update, avast will look in the wrong place. ;)

Offline catman2112

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 06:15:52 PM »
The point is that when you click on the drop down to delay for 24 hours, and then it goes ahead and prompts you 15 minutes later....pretty sure Avast gurus know where to look for that don't you?