Author Topic: How do I install the "License.avastvpn" file you sent me?  (Read 8366 times)

Offline krahulik

• Avast team
Re: How do I install the "License.avastvpn" file you sent me?
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2015, 05:18:08 PM »
I fully agree that the Avast webpages are in this case confusing and I have reported the issue to the responsible person.

Regarding the unresponsive application, could you describe more detailed what you have seen? Wasn't there opened a modal dialog (i.e. hidden under some other window)? In the next release I would like to remove the modal dialogs as much as possible. This is something I should fix personally.

There are plans for cross-platform license unification but it's a long term run.

For the chargement I have unfortunatelly no answer, this is I think country dependent (taxes, etc.) and channels are completely unknown to me.

Martin

REDACTED

Re: How do I install the "License.avastvpn" file you sent me?
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2015, 06:40:59 PM »
Today I finally got an email by the support technician with a link to purchase the Mac version. And the price was OK, only 29.99 Euro for a year.
Seemingly, they can offer the licenses with different prices? Also the link to Paypal did NOT add any additional cost. I have NEVER heard of that Paypal would have added anything to a payment. I run a webshop as well and Paypal charges what you tell Paypal to charge. Anything else is stupid.

One more time: the purchasing page for the Mac license is NOT reachable through the Avast website. If you say something different, proof it.

If there would be - on one page - an offer like:

secureline for Windows
secureline for Mac
secureline for iOS
secureline for Android

there would be NO MORE confusion. But you are hiding a Mac option while offering a PC version (what could mean both Mac and Windows to me, a PC is a Personal Computer, with ANY software on).

Inside the secureline app, all buttons that would allow to purchase an update are disabled. Nothing works. I am running the newest OS El Capitan. Happy Hunting for the error. I told this several times to the hotline and wrote it in the support tickets. If you still do not know about this problem, you have a different problem - in your inhouse communication.