Author Topic: Session Expired Due to Inactivity Popping up every minute  (Read 6888 times)

REDACTED

Session Expired Due to Inactivity Popping up every minute
« on: December 02, 2015, 11:23:38 AM »
Hello Everyone,
I am having some trouble today with Avast for business. When using the web portal, I keep getting the error message Session Expired due to inactivity. This happens constantly, between loading pages. If I hit refresh, it reloads the same error message, and if I close the browser and reopen the webpage, the message shows up after 1 minute of actively using the dashboard.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Session Expired Due to Inactivity Popping up every minute
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 11:35:47 AM »
There seem to be work in progress on the site.
I just got a mail that I had notifications.
So I looked and guess what...
On of the "new" notifications is one from a detection about a month ago ;D

All pages loaded a bit slow, but without a problem for me though.

Refresh tells the browser to first look in the cache and if the page is found there it will load that one.
That means you can get the same page over and over again with the same content.
(left) shift+F5 tells the browser to get a fresh copy of the page from the server.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 02:13:29 PM by Eddy »

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 07:01:41 AM »
I am having some trouble today with Avast for business. When using the web portal, I keep getting the error message Session Expired due to inactivity. This happens constantly, between loading pages. If I hit refresh, it reloads the same error message, and if I close the browser and reopen the webpage, the message shows up after 1 minute of actively using the dashboard.

Yes I get it a lot too.  Usually the problems are gone the next day.  I guess patience is all that is required for this problem.  Do you use a particular browser?  FireFox/Palemoon for me.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 02:14:05 PM »
I'm using Opera (12.17) most of the time.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 11:31:42 AM »
Interesting.  When I use Palemoon (Firefox) and I get the problems, I switch over to Chrome and there are no problems.  Switch back to Palemoon and the problems are still there.  Seems to me some browsers might have issues every now and then.  I wonder if there is a "supported browser" list somewhere?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2015, 12:00:37 PM »
There are some problems known with Palemoon and the avast website.
They are already working on it.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2015, 12:21:04 PM »
There are some problems known with Palemoon and the avast website.
They are already working on it.
Hi Eddy, these problems have been fixed already.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2015, 12:34:16 PM »
Not all problems are solved Asyn.
I've got reports that pages don't open in Palemoon but do open in other browsers on the same system.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2015, 12:39:54 PM »
Any links..!?
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2015, 02:26:12 PM »
Just to update everyone. I am using chrome, and these issues still occur often. Pretty much every time I go to the avast page, this issue occurs. Not only that, but it will occur the moment I log in too! I hit log in, and it will take me to the dashboard and instantly say session expired.

Anyone have any luck with getting this resolved? I tried firefox, and its just the same thing, and edge is useless.

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2015, 01:22:53 AM »
I just thought it might be browser-related but there seems to be a breadth of browsers experiencing this problem.  Again, maybe Avast Cloud is only officially supported in IE, but there's no statement of that anywhere that I have found.   I'm convinced its most definitely a webserver problem; could be time-of-day based too, or maybe there aren't enough servers for the number of customers (ever noticed how slow it is?).  If it's really a bother for you, I'd suggest a chat to support.